Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

OT- but SCARY! PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:14 AM
  • 7 Replies

So at one of the local high schools (the one my kids will go to if we are still in this house) there was a school shooting yesterday.  Fortunately (if you can say that) the only person shot was the School Resource Officer (a badged police officer that is assigned to the school, has his own office, is pretty much a permanent fixture.  We didn't have them where I grew up but I guess they are common down here) and again, fortunately, he only suffered a superficial wound (the kid missed him, but the bullet shrapnel hit him...he's already been released from the hospital)

What SCARES the crap out of me is now, all of the stuff this kid posted all over his facebook and twitter is surfacing. Take a look at this! http://twitter.com/bboyfresh08  How did this go on for so long and nobody knew? What if he really did make a bomb?

I'm terrified of sending my kids off to school :(

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sarasloveable
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:20 AM
The same way that other school shootings go undetected. Its concerning that things such as that go uninvestigated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillg24
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM

The alternative school here had a bomb left on the principles desk a couple years ago. Luckily the bomb squad was able to take care of it with no one getting injured. It is very scary though.

ziff130
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:43 AM

I know what you mean. I've been contemplating homeschool for reasons like this.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 22, 2010 at 8:55 AM
That is soooooo scary!!
rkoloms
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM

My daughter attends an inner-city high school (the same one Michele Obama attended), and they don't seem to have these sorts of issues.

Robin in Chicago

runner-mom
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Quoting rkoloms:

My daughter attends an inner-city high school (the same one Michele Obama attended), and they don't seem to have these sorts of issues.

I really think these sorts of problems are just completely random, and aren't based upon location.  All it takes is "one bad egg" you know?  One kid that either has severe problems at home, or maybe even a mental illness (depression, etc) that's left undiagnosed or untreated....and that could happen to anyone , anywhere unfortuantely

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM

that is very scary! I cant believe what he wrote on twitter didn't get reported!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)