Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

OT I am sad and happy

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:00 AM
  • 7 Replies
My baby turns 2 today! I am in the quiet before he gets up and feeling sad at where the time has gone. I don't think we will be having more kids but I didn't know that when he was born. So I am wallowing this morning until he gets up. Then it's time to celebrate. Anyone else ever felt this way?

Kelly, Fall 2008 babies! CO-Group Owner

Cafemom Healthy Moms  Moderator

30 Something Moms   Moderator

by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
runner-mom
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:16 AM

aww I feel your pain!  My "baby" turns 4 on monday, and my little baby turns 2 on Oct 15th!!  I look at them often and think, wait, when did this all happen? You mean I had KIDS?  It's all such a blur I swear! I don't want them to grow up anymore, I like this age :)

natural.mama
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:23 AM

YES! I was just thinking today as I rocked my sweet boy to sleep for his morning nap that I CAN NOT believe he is already 6 months!! Half of his first year is already gone :( He is my last baby and I wish in some ways I could freeze time but then I think about the other milestones that are to come (first sport, teaching him to ride a bike, etc) and I feel a little better. sniff.

ilovexzavier
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM

OH yes! I do not remember the fist year of my son's life. We cannot have any more, but I think I'm ok with that.....I still get sad though!

DestMasters
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Oh Mama, I totally understand. Every single one of the birthdays of my children are very bittersweet.

Hugs

ziff130
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I'm sorry! HUGS!!! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed at having another child so I'm not feeling that way. I was looking at my 2.5 yo today thinking, "Oh my, she looks like a little girls instead of a baby...." That kinda sucked but hoping for another child so.... not there yet.

Just-looney
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 7:58 PM
Huggs to you. Mine are 5&7. It's had not to have a panic attack thinkin about it. Oh man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Happy birthday!!!!

I know how you feel my baby turns 3 next friday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)