Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

grossed. out. (might be, well, gross for some!)

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

We all know how bad some foods are for us.  But many of us are simply not phased.  Heck, if we were, our society wouldn't have the obesity epidemic  it has, never mind smoking, drugs, alcohol, etc.  MOST people know these things are bad for them, they just simply don't care.

But sometimes there is one thing you hear that never turns you back.  My nutrition professor told us that she went vegetarian at age 13 when she learned what was in hot dogs, and never turned back.  (that never phased me, as gross as it is.)

Well, I just found what will completely turn me off from milk forever.  In the "healthy facts" thread, this was posted : 

Quoting LulusMama0307:

Cows milk contains millions of pus cells per 8 oz glass.

I don't know if it's true. I don't care if it's true.  I honestly don't think I can ever drink milk again after reading that. EVER!   I'm nauseous thinking of it. I don't know why, but that just did it for me.  OMG.  That's so disgusting.  (Is it true?)  reading that article someone else posted about hormones, blood, dirt, feces, etc in milk,  I don't know why that never grossed me out like "pus cells". Barf barf barf

What is something that you heard, or read, that completely, instantly changed a habit for you?

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inkedmomma84
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Quoting runner-mom:

What is something that you heard, or read, that completely, instantly changed a habit for you?

Um. This. Post.

THAT IS SO DISGUSTING!!!!!!

I Run Like a Mom!

Not.So.Virginal
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:44 PM

well u figure, they give cows growth hormones which cause infections and stuff (mastitis) so the pus has to come out somewhere....

runner-mom
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

well u figure, they give cows growth hormones which cause infections and stuff (mastitis) so the pus has to come out somewhere....

ewww I had BAD mastitis (not just clogged ducts) 6 times between the two kids. I feel for those cows!

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

Not.So.Virginal

sry, very little bothers me anymore... between my gramma telling ambulance stories, my hubby's aunt telling us about the dirty girls that come to her office (she's an RN) and having science right after lunch 2 years in a row.... lol

runner-mom

Quoting inkedmomma84:

Quoting runner-mom:

Um. This. Post.

THAT IS SO DISGUSTING!!!!!!

Isn't it vile? I swear I never want to drink milk again. Ever. throwing up

runner-mom
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

sry, very little bothers me anymore... between my gramma telling ambulance stories, my hubby's aunt telling us about the dirty girls that come to her office (she's an RN) and having science right after lunch 2 years in a row.... lol

yeah seriously, not much grosses me out. I'm the one disecting the cat in A&P and pulling vital organs out with my hands (sorry to the animal fans, I'm a science major in school )  But for some reason, this milk thing really really bothers me

vv56964
by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM

6 years ago I saw a chicken killed at someone's house. It was completely inhumane and I won't disgust you with the details.  I looked at my husband and he said, "That was more humane than the industry"....I immediately became a vegetarian.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM

i'm speechless!

Forget-me-not
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 12:07 AM
Yea it's true. They give the cows BGH to force them into lactating longer which causes mastitas which needs antibotics to clear up which causes fungal infections and so forth.... We rarely drink will and when we do it's either organic ( no bgh ) or raw. Know your farmer ;) happy cows =healthy products
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texasmom1800
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I've read that in many medical articles about cow's milk containg pus, that's why we don't drink cows milk.  Also way to many other things added to the cow's milk, it's just nasty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)