Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

grossed. out. (might be, well, gross for some!)

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know how bad some foods are for us.  But many of us are simply not phased.  Heck, if we were, our society wouldn't have the obesity epidemic  it has, never mind smoking, drugs, alcohol, etc.  MOST people know these things are bad for them, they just simply don't care.

But sometimes there is one thing you hear that never turns you back.  My nutrition professor told us that she went vegetarian at age 13 when she learned what was in hot dogs, and never turned back.  (that never phased me, as gross as it is.)

Well, I just found what will completely turn me off from milk forever.  In the "healthy facts" thread, this was posted : 

Quoting LulusMama0307:

Cows milk contains millions of pus cells per 8 oz glass.

I don't know if it's true. I don't care if it's true.  I honestly don't think I can ever drink milk again after reading that. EVER!   I'm nauseous thinking of it. I don't know why, but that just did it for me.  OMG.  That's so disgusting.  (Is it true?)  reading that article someone else posted about hormones, blood, dirt, feces, etc in milk,  I don't know why that never grossed me out like "pus cells". Barf barf barf

What is something that you heard, or read, that completely, instantly changed a habit for you?

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

by on Sep. 22, 2010 at 9:39 PM
Replies (11-11):
DestMasters
by on Sep. 23, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Yes, this is true and makes perfect sense. The dairy council will refute this, stating that the pasteurization process kills the cells. So.............there are "dead" pus cells then? 

I love almond milk and hemp milk and I love that I can drink them and not feel bloated afterward.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)