Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What do you make with beans?  The only thing I ever make is chilli...i'd like to expand to something different, LOL! Does anyone have a great recipie that calls for beans?

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

by on Sep. 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM
Replies (41-41):
rkoloms
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Quoting runner-mom:

Quoting kchoudhary34:

You're going to think it's crazy...but brownies! I saw it on good morning america last winter and they are delish and healthy! I also like to eat black beans cold with 1/4 of an avocado, chick peas or cannelini beans with tomatoes and green onion. Beans are huge in our home!

that does sound crazy, but I'm intrigued! I'm off to google a black bean brownie recipe, LOL

Flourless Brownies
Makes 16
No one will ever guess the secret ingredient in this recipe: black beans!
Ingredients
1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed, or 1.5 cups of homecooked, unseasoned
3 large eggs 
1/3 cup melted butter, more for the baking dish 
1/4 cup (fair trade) cocoa powder; or substitute carob powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt 
2 teaspoon  vanilla extract (do yourself a favor, and buy a good brand, like neilsen-massey, not that crappy grocery store stuff)
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cane sugar 
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts 
Method
Preheat oven to 350°F. 

Butter an 8-inch baking pan. Place the black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Remove the blade and gently stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set in the center. Cool before cutting into squares. 

Robin in Chicago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN