Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

i know its been discussed a million times

Posted by   + Show Post
But I have finally decided to try no poo, can someone please tell me the exact measurements and what I should expect at first and can I still use conditioner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Replies (11-15):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Oct. 2, 2010 at 11:07 PM

okay, so I did some more research on this and some sites say 1 tbsp bs in 1 cup of water, others say 1tbsp bs and just enough water to make a paste, what do you ladies recommend most?

ziff130
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Quoting smurfy88:

okay, so I did some more research on this and some sites say 1 tbsp bs in 1 cup of water, others say 1tbsp bs and just enough water to make a paste, what do you ladies recommend most?

I used to do the paste but I couldn't get it in my hair everywhere. I do the 1 water w/ the baking soda now and I like it so much more. You can try both ways and see what you like more. :) If I had short hair, the paste may work better but for me the water works best.

inkedmomma84
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 6:12 AM

I have short hair. I did the paste and it made my scalp itch and burn. I don't dilute it a ton, but just enough to keep the water milky white. It works better for me more diluted...my hair doesn't get as dry and my scalp doesn't burn.

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting smurfy88:

I used to do the paste but I couldn't get it in my hair everywhere. I do the 1 water w/ the baking soda now and I like it so much more. You can try both ways and see what you like more. :) If I had short hair, the paste may work better but for me the water works best.

I Run Like a Mom!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Oct. 3, 2010 at 1:27 PM

oh okay thanks

inkedmomma84
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM

It's kind of hard to follow another person's exact regimen when you are doing no 'poo. You really have to play around with the different suggestions and find what works for you. A lot of the research I did was for people with long hair...so I had to find out what worked for me through trial and error. So do your research, ask questions, and then adjust accordingly for your hair. :) It's worth it, I promise!

Quoting smurfy88:

oh okay thanks

I Run Like a Mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN