Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

OCTOBER ALREADY?!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just realized that this is the LAST day of September!  Where did this month GO?!?! Seriously!

Alright, so I always like to make goals for myself at the beginning of each month.  Little things to try and make habits in my life.  In September I vowed to focus more on housework (I really suck at it) since I'm now basically a SAHM until January.   My house isn't spotless, but I've done pretty well!

So October:

1) Drink at least 2 or 3 of my 1 liter SIGG bottle of water a day. (I'm really bad at hydrating!)

2) try to COOK more family meals (and by cooking, I don't mean just throw together some chicken fingers or peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches.  REAL meals!)

3) get in my 100 miles running, and *hopefully* set a PR (personal record) at the half marathon I'm running on the 24th.

4)  Get a good weight training schedule down. Even if it's pushups and arm workouts here at home. I have no problem getting my cardio in but I struggle making myself do resistance work. 

5)  if I do all of that, I deserve to eat as much halloween candy as I want at the end of the month, haha!!

trick or treat

How about you? What are your healthy goals for the coming month?

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfy88
by Jessica on Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Good luck on your goals!!!!

I am stoked for October, tomorrow is my daughters birthday and in 2 weeks is mine :D

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM

5)  if I do all of that, I deserve to eat as much halloween candy as I want at the end of the month, haha!!

Sooooo funny!

I really want to get my house in order.  My son just started KG so I want to get rid of his outdated and broken toys and go through his clothing. 

I want to turn a shaded area with dead grass by our backdoor into a courtyard where I can read or enjoy a cup of coffee.  It's actually the door that most people enter through, so I will feel better when this area looks better.

Hmmmm....still trying to decide if we're going to have our kid Halloween party this year.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 30, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Exercise more and get organized!

inkedmomma84
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 4:19 PM

TO HAVE THIS BABY!!!!

Establish successful breastfeeding.

Survive the month.

Start working towards getting my body back. :)

KangaT
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM
I need to get more sleep and like you get better about resistance training.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayeleven
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Drink more water

Go to bed earlier

Sort through kids' toys and donate/throw ones they've outgrown

Organize my desk

Keep up my Couch to 5K program...striving to become a runner! 

ziff130
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 8:08 AM

I love your goal #5!!! That's awesome. Hmmmm what are my goals?

Get dh a job and find a larger house! :)

Drink at least one of my SIGG bottles of water.... some days I go through the entire day and realize that I don't have a cup anywhere b/c I haven't had anthing to drink. I wasn't thirsty so I didn't get anything. I know, not good.

Get up to running straight through the 3 miles w/o having to walk in the middle for a breather (I'm so out of shape!)

Stick with my time management schedule

rockinmomto2
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 8:11 AM

My goal is to at least lose the next 4 lbs, but since I've been averaging 3 lbs a week, I shouldn't have a problem with that! Maybe my goal will be to lose another 10 lbs, which would put me well back into ONEderland!! Very exciting, considering I haven't seen that number in, oh 5 years. And to keep up with the house better. I'm on a roll now, I just have to keep it up!

Just-looney
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Get back on my routine. 1 hour of cardio a day, drinking lots of water, 5 more lbs till my goal weight. ( I was doing great untill 4 weeks ago I started going through a miscarriage). Hopefully now that all of that is behind me I'll get back on track.
I'll add a new goal. I am geting my house in shape to. Spring cleaning in the fall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Just-looney
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Get back on my routine. 1 hour of cardio a day, drinking lots of water, 5 more lbs till my goal weight. ( I was doing great untill 4 weeks ago I started going through a miscarriage). Hopefully now that all of that is behind me I'll get back on track.
I'll add a new goal. I am geting my house in shape to. Spring cleaning in the fall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)