Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

what IS this stomach bug..and what can I do!?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm not a huge believer in going to the doctors for all my kids ailments. in fact, I can count on my hand all the times all FOUR of my kids have been. ANYway...we have this nasty bug going around just the kids... Started 9 days ago. One kid, no fever, bad runs, puking...lasted about 36 hours..next kid got it...then 2 more...then back to #1 again...back through all of them again..and now we are back to goin through it for the THIRD time! I'm sanitzing, I have put the kids on a no sugar/no dairy diet..just bland foods and lots of liquids. I'm at my wits end how to shake this bug!! and SO tired of cleaning blankets and puke...and the runs! and I feel SUPER bad for my kiddos!

I'm going out tonight to get tehm some probiotics....as I don't konw what else to give them!

They are all acting fine..for except the first 6-8 hours that they have the bug..then they are puking and don't want to eat. Nobody has fevers, nobody is acting different. just...keeep getting this bug over and over!

Their ages are (twins) almost 7, 2, and a 11 mo old (the baby is b'fed, and has only had the bug once that I can tell..and it has been very mild, her appetite is fine, liquid intake is fine, so not worried about her)

thanks mommas!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

<<<<<<<<< Watch this video to see how easy cloth diapers are now days! Save $2,000 in 2 yrs!>>>>>>>

by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Oct. 2, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I would also get Florastor in addition to probiotics.  It's a good yeast.  It helps when there has been "bad runs"

hoping4number3
by on Oct. 2, 2010 at 5:06 PM

thanks!

Quoting e-doolittle:

I would also get Florastor in addition to probiotics.  It's a good yeast.  It helps when there has been "bad runs"

<<<<<<<<< Watch this video to see how easy cloth diapers are now days! Save $2,000 in 2 yrs!>>>>>>>

rkoloms
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Probiotics

chamomile tea

ginger tea

papaya enzyme (be sure that it does not have pineapple)

4healthyeats
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 8:51 AM

IDK... good luck... 

side note: When we stopped eating factory farmed animal products... no more strange "stomach bugs".

hoping4number3
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM

hm..interesting....right now I'm down to just buying chicken from the store...but everything else we eat we have grown ourselves...maybe chickens will be on the farm next year haha

Quoting 4healthyeats:

IDK... good luck... 

side note: When we stopped eating factory farmed animal products... no more strange "stomach bugs".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)