Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to loss weight and keep it off

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 7:30 PM
  • 3 Replies

I want loss weight and keep it off. I like to walk but I'm busy with school it makes it hard to do.

by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ChEMOM
by on Nov. 19, 2010 at 7:52 PM

I completely understand! I work and go to school (part time tho) as well. Eat healthy and exercise. I know that completely sounds like bullshit cliche but its true. Now I will admit that during the semester for me its a lot more eat healthy then exercise but I still get some in even if its only a run (with the kids in the jogger) on Saturday or Sunday, in my opinion 1X per week is way better then 0X per week I know experts say something like o 5 times per week for 30 minutes per time... yea..... not happening here!  And eating healthy is really important too. Healthy (in my opinion) is not nessecarily all about calories and fat content but rather about the food that you eat. In my opinion (and I am not a doctor or a nutritionist or anything) if you eat very little processed food and eat mostly veggies fruits and whole grains with a little bit of dairy and some real meat thrown in you will lose weight without counting calories. And walking is great exercise. Take your kids for walks or walk inbetween classes if you go to a brick and mortar campus. Does your gym have childcare? I was suprised to find out that a bunch of my local gyms offered really affordable child care ( 2$ per hour per child) Honestly- I had always heard about gyms being so expensive and worthless and never joined one until recently when I found out that it was 34$ per month with all classes included PLUS almost free childcare! Now for some that IS ALOT of money... not sure what your situation is.

Now excuse me while I stop procrastinating and get back to my lectures :(

rkoloms
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 6:22 AM

I would start with simple changes.
Don't buy junk food
Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy

JenniferDiaz06
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I'll have to try all of that. Thank you very much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)