Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Been a while

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

and I am still not happy with the no-poo. The roots of my hair are still a bit oily and the length of my hair is dry and frizzy and my hair is falling out more than usual! I have tried to coconut oil and tried not using acv every day, I dunno what else to do, but I want my old hair back

crying

by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inkedmomma84
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM

How much baking soda are you using? And how long do you leave it in your hair?

smurfy88
by Jessica on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:35 PM

1 tablespoon, 6 ounces of water, its in my hair 1 minute or less

Terri441
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM
I use quite a lot of baking soda. Like probably closer to 2 tbsp. In about 3 applications to try and get my scalp covered. I just put it straight on my fingers (skip diluting it) and miss the length of my hair and get it right into the roots. I try and get done all over my scalp and it takes a couple tries (2-3) without rinsing. Then I scrub for a while and massage my scalp with my finger tips and nails. All over. I'm pretty aggressive about it. Then I'm equally aggressive while rinsing still massaging my scalp. It takes a while. Lots longer than using shampoo but I'd rather go without chemicals. I don't use ACV at all and I don't use coconut oil in my hair almost ever. I have very very straight hair. I don't know if that's why I need to do it that way but when I tried less baking soda, or diluting it, it was terrible.
I don't know if that's useful but it is what it is :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Terri441
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 10:26 PM
Oh, and have you ever had your thyroid checked? What you describe is how my hair was before I started taking a thyroid supplement.
I had lots of other symptoms but that was one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
runner-mom
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I just can't bring myself to do it still, I keep thinking of your posts smurfy!!!

ziff130
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Awww.... that stinks! I LOVE it!! :) Good luck!

smurfy88
by Jessica on Nov. 21, 2010 at 11:00 PM

ya I had my thyroid checked a few months ago, my hair wasnt like this until i started using no poo, before that my hair was a little frizzy but not bad at all

Quoting Terri441:

Oh, and have you ever had your thyroid checked? What you describe is how my hair was before I started taking a thyroid supplement.
I had lots of other symptoms but that was one of them.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM

you aren't making me want to try this!   lol

smurfy88
by Jessica on Nov. 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM

lol sorry, im startin to lose hope :(

kayeleven
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 11:16 PM

I started no-pooing around the same time you did.  I have a few thoughts about this... 

How often do you wash your hair?  You really only need to do it once or twice a week, every other day at most.  In between you can wet it and rub your scalp like you would to clean it, but just use water instead. I no-poo about every third day and I always use acv (my hair needs it).  It stays feeling clean for a really long time (probably could go more than 3 days...), and it is really soft, too.

I know what you mean about your hair falling out.  It might just be that more comes out at one time, and you shed less during the day.  Since I started no-pooing, there is TONS of hair after I wash, but I don't shed as much for the rest of the day. 

Like a previous poster said, you may need to be more aggressive when washing.  I don't use my nails, but I do give myself a full scalp masage with my fingertips, then before rinsing I make sure that the bs/water gets squished around in the rest of my hair.

I hope this helps, and that you can find your groove with no poo!!  You must really really want it to work since you've been at it for so long without the best results.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)