Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Kids sports/physical activity

Posted by   + Show Post

Do your kids play any team sports or participate in any sort of organized physical activity (martial arts, dance, gymnastics, etc)?

What age did they start? 

My oldest is 4 and I REALLY want to get him into something ASAP.  Just deciding where to start....maybe soccer?

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Replies (11-15):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 22, 2010 at 5:04 PM

my DS is too young yet

COmom12
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM

My daughter is 9 and started Gymnastics at the age of 4.  She loves it.....  We have tried soccer, but she wants to stay with gymnastics only.

batjmom
by Sarah on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:13 PM

My boys played tee-ball at age 3 and 4.  At age 4 and 5 they did an intro class in Karate.  Then since school age they play baseball in the spring, basketball in the winter and football in the fall

ChEMOM
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:16 PM

whats baseball training? my two year old is obcessed with baseball and we play with him enough that he can usually hit a big ball (think soccor size but they are the really light ones.....) with his baseball bat. He would play all day long if I had the patience too! I am sure he would love this

Quoting mommytoonna:

My daughter started "baseball" training at almost 3. She started dance at 4 and LOVES it. Next year she can start tee ball.  Then she will be taking a break from dance. One thing at a time is good for us :)

Heidi428
by on Nov. 23, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Sports this early is not for me, and I LOVE sportsand played them from grade school to college.   My kids are 1, 3, and 5 and I will not put them into organized anything until at least 3rd or 4th grade.  They get great exercise biking, playing on the playground, going on walks with me, and running around in the backyard, kicking a soccer ball or playing catch with us as they want.  I want to let them just be kids without the stress of organized sports as long as I can, and I know that makes me different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN