Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aunts and Uncles...random thought of the day

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

do your kids, or did you growing up, have "Aunts and Uncles" that technically aren't REALLY your aunts and uncles?

My kids have 4 aunts and 1 uncle (I have 2 sisters, DH has 2 sisters and a brother).  But DH grew up in this town, and a lot of his really close friends that go way back to childhood still live here too. We refer to them as "uncles" to the boys...uncle brad, uncle steve, etc.    I mean, family is family, I know DH is close enough to those guys they might as well BE brothers.  And  I do that sometimes with some of my REALLY good friends from back at home as well. 

Do other people do this too, or is this wierd? LOL?!

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaggotMom
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 8:10 PM

My two older sons have the same father, but my youngest one has a different father. My youngest son calls my ex husband, the older two sons' Dad, "uncle".

inkedmomma84
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I would say the running mom group consists of most of my kids' "aunties". :D

runner-mom
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 8:25 PM
Haha veeerry true! I did gain a bunch of nieces and nephews in the last few months ;)

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I would say the running mom group consists of most of my kids' "aunties". :D

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 8:27 PM

no not even our roommate is called aunt julie lol just julie they only aunts and uncles they have are real ones or ones that were once aunts that left the dumbass brothers of my dh but to me once they were aunt they are always aunt or uncle  

Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 8:27 PM

My brother's ex is still "aunt Mel" which makes it just easier for us because my brother has a daughter with her, so I'm still Aunt Mary.

Mostly people are "mr this" or "miss that"

ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2010 at 8:32 PM
We have a family friend that has been around since before dh and I started dating. So needless to say he has been "uncle tyler" since my dd was born. Hes really the only one tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
runner-mom
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

Mostly people are "mr this" or "miss that"

well yeah, most people are "mr and miss"  here too.  Just some friends that are here SO often, I feel they are way beyond formal titles, especially when they are wrestling with the kids or building legos, etc.  haha! 

Run Like a MOM!!                        my blog               Cafemom Healthy Moms

ZyairesMom
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Oh no I grew up just like  that I have many of "aunt and uncles" and now my son is growing up the same way it's a great life.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Nov. 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Most of our close friends, we call "aunt/uncle" for our DS

smurfy88
by Jessica on Nov. 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I didn't my daughter has an "uncle" chris who is just my hubbys best friend and my duagher just loves him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)