Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Anyone here heard of ACE Weightloss supplements?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am not interested in them for myself... I know someone that is trying to sell them by the individual pills and they are not really providing research. This is causing concern and I know that they are saying that you need to take 2 a day and one pill contains 180mg of caffeine... One lady that she has taking them is in her late 50's so that amount of caffeine can't be safe for her heart, especially if she is drinking or ingesting any caffeine elsewhere in her diet.

by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3_dll
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Just looked it up.  From what forums say, it works and doesn't give you the shakes but with any miracle weight loss pills, I'd make sure to always check with your doctor before starting something like this.  If you have underlying heart problems, caffeine is not a good choice. Others on the forums think it's a scam.  Who knows though.  Then you need to take a look at long term effects.  Sure you lose weight with these pills but what happens when you stop them?  Just seems that you would have that yo-yo affect that you get with the rapid weight loss type of "diets".

Here is what they claim is in them:

Natural Source Ingredients:

- Vitamin B6
- Cocoa Powder
- Chromium
- Spirulina
- Green Tea Extract
- Geranium Flower
- Natural Sourced Caffeine

mp3mom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I've never heard of it. I do know Chromium is a supplement that helps curb appetite. I just looked up B6, essentially it increases metabolism and effects serotonin levels; spirulina, green tea, & geranium are anti-oxidants. I agree, you'd get a yo-yo affect. 

psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM

The interesting thing is she supposedly has heart issues and her cardiologist is all for her taking these pills. Either a) her cardio doesn't know she is, b) she is lying, or c) he's not trained very well because a high dose of caffeine can throw your heart rhythm off and cause other problems so why would he be okay with it. I asked her about long term study information because I couldn't find any and she wouldn't give me any, and being a psychology major that is something that we are taught in depth about, so I always look for research. She would only tell me that the company has been around for years and that they know what they are doing. I also told her that as soon as she stopped taking the meds that she would gain the weight plus soon back because that is how this stuff works.

Quoting momof3_dll:

Just looked it up.  From what forums say, it works and doesn't give you the shakes but with any miracle weight loss pills, I'd make sure to always check with your doctor before starting something like this.  If you have underlying heart problems, caffeine is not a good choice. Others on the forums think it's a scam.  Who knows though.  Then you need to take a look at long term effects.  Sure you lose weight with these pills but what happens when you stop them?  Just seems that you would have that yo-yo affect that you get with the rapid weight loss type of "diets".

Here is what they claim is in them:

Natural Source Ingredients:

- Vitamin B6
- Cocoa Powder
- Chromium
- Spirulina
- Green Tea Extract
- Geranium Flower
- Natural Sourced Caffeine

psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

The thing is, with B6 the body is passing most of what it doesn't use right out... and when you go to messing with serotonin levels, that can effect your mood, so if you are increasing them, when you stop using this you increase your risk for depression.

Quoting mp3mom:

I've never heard of it. I do know Chromium is a supplement that helps curb appetite. I just looked up B6, essentially it increases metabolism and effects serotonin levels; spirulina, green tea, & geranium are anti-oxidants. I agree, you'd get a yo-yo affect. 

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Sounds dangerous to me.

psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Me too. People are saying how they are dropping 5 pounds in 3 days and 7 pounds in 5 days. I am trying to explain to them that it is because they are losing water weight, and some of it water that their bodies need. They don't care.

Quoting e-doolittle:

Sounds dangerous to me.

mp3mom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

That's a good point. But like you say, what your body isn't using, it passes out. That's why the FDA took 5HTP off the market for so long... it had the exact effects of Prozac.

Quoting psych_mom:

The thing is, with B6 the body is passing most of what it doesn't use right out... and when you go to messing with serotonin levels, that can effect your mood, so if you are increasing them, when you stop using this you increase your risk for depression.

Quoting mp3mom:

psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I just wish I could get these ladies to listen. Psychology and health and wellness are my focus and what I am getting my degree in and they want to take the word of someone that is making money off of them working for an MLM company. When they stop taking it, they are going to gain back what they weighed, then some, be depressed and possibly have long term heart problems and have nothing to show but an empty bank account... ugh.

Quoting mp3mom:

That's a good point. But like you say, what your body isn't using, it passes out. That's why the FDA took 5HTP off the market for so long... it had the exact effects of Prozac.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting mp3mom:

mp3mom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Oh, I see your interest. That's frustrating.

Quoting psych_mom:

I just wish I could get these ladies to listen. Psychology and health and wellness are my focus and what I am getting my degree in and they want to take the word of someone that is making money off of them working for an MLM company. When they stop taking it, they are going to gain back what they weighed, then some, be depressed and possibly have long term heart problems and have nothing to show but an empty bank account... ugh.

Quoting mp3mom:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting mp3mom:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 27, 2012 at 5:36 AM

It does sound dangerous...your friends are lucky they have you around to enlighten them about things like this...I sure hope they listen to you mama!  Good luck!

Quoting psych_mom:

Me too. People are saying how they are dropping 5 pounds in 3 days and 7 pounds in 5 days. I am trying to explain to them that it is because they are losing water weight, and some of it water that their bodies need. They don't care.

Quoting e-doolittle:

Sounds dangerous to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)