Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Need help getting kick started

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

I want to go walking on a regular basis.  Instead, I get caught up on all the other to do's of the day like homeschooling, errands, housework,dealing with the kids and husband, etc.  I know I'm neglecting myself, but I get sucked into all this daily crap; then I feel bad that I haven't done anything healthy for me, just me....I think I'm also dealing with depression, well, I know I am...

by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Mar. 1, 2012 at 10:05 PM

If you're homeschooling, make it a part of the day.  Your kids need exercise in their day too.  Go on a walk together and explore lessons that way.

cleanaturalady
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM

It's hard to get motivated to exercise when you're feeling depressed.  The thing is, exercise is a great stress release and it can lift your depression.  So, if you can just force yourself a few times, maybe it will get easier.  Declare recess time every day at a certain time in your home-school day.  When my kids were little, we would put on a sing-along tape (yes a tape, VHS was king back then) and dance around the room.  Disney on Parade I think was the name of our favorite one.  That's good for bad weather.  When the weather is nice, you can go outside and have more structured exercise time.

mp3mom
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Both very good ideas. What if you did it first thing in the a.m.? Would that work? Or if you set an alarm a bit early to go.

PeaceChild
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

You're dealing with someone quite stuborn-me!  I really, really need to initiate this, but feel very very stuck!

Are there any forums for someone like me, that needs someone to check in on them daily on exercise?

mp3mom
by on Mar. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM

You check-in here.

Quoting PeaceChild:

You're dealing with someone quite stuborn-me!  I really, really need to initiate this, but feel very very stuck!

Are there any forums for someone like me, that needs someone to check in on them daily on exercise?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)