Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Bigger or smaller feet before and after babies and weight

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 29 Replies

My feet have always been "above the normal" size (well at least to me).  I've always worn a size 10 shoe and had narrow feet.  However, after being pregnant with my first my feet of course got a little wider but they also grew in size.  So after giving birth i was wearing a size 11 shoe.  My foot wasn't as narrow but almost on the medium width size.  And then i got pregnant again, and again, etc.  

My shoe size hasn't gone back to a size 10.  I still wear a size 11 and sometimes can even wear a 12, depending on how the shoe is made.  So i'm wondering is my shoe size going to ever be a size 10 again?  Or should i just get used to having to look high and low to find decent shoes in my size?

Did anyone elses foot shrink after losing weight?  Did you gain an extra shoe size?  Did it stay the same?  

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I wear a 7 or 7.5 and used to wear 8 in running shoes. I bought 7.5 in my last pair since I lost all the weight (34 lbs) I gained when I was pregnant.

tortuga_beto
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I was a 9.5 before, my feet grew to a 10, got wider and haven't gone back down yet.

Schleetle
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Well my feet swelled up some when i was pregnant, but they are about back to normal. I'm not really sure if they are bigger maybe a little. I hear some women get taller from pregnancy why couldn't I be that lucky?! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Quoting reneawesley:

I wear a 7 or 7.5 and used to wear 8 in running shoes. I bought 7.5 in my last pair since I lost all the weight (34 lbs) I gained when I was pregnant.

Yeah i have a few shows that i was able to keep that are a size 10.  They were kinda big on me before i was pregnant and now fit fine.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 16, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Quoting tortuga_beto:

I was a 9.5 before, my feet grew to a 10, got wider and haven't gone back down yet.

Ohhh wow, i'm wondering if my feet will remain a size 11 or go back down to a size 10.  Maybe i need to lose more weight.  *chuckle*

Alyson121
by Alyson on Mar. 16, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Quoting Schleetle:

Well my feet swelled up some when i was pregnant, but they are about back to normal. I'm not really sure if they are bigger maybe a little. I hear some women get taller from pregnancy why couldn't I be that lucky?! Lol

yeah my feet were swollen really bad with my first pregnancy.  They did shrink some as the weight came off but i still wore a bigger size.  

I totally didn't know some people could grow taller while pregnant.  LOL 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2012 at 5:30 AM

My feet have stayed the same throughout pregnancy and weight loss...good luck Alyson!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 16, 2012 at 5:30 AM

Oh wow!  I didn't know that!

Quoting Schleetle:

mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 16, 2012 at 6:32 AM
I wish I could have gotten taller. I'm barely 5 ft 2

Quoting Schleetle:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Mar. 16, 2012 at 7:23 AM

My feet didn't really change, besides temporarily swelling, until after my third.   I was wearing a 5 - 5.5 but now I need a 6 on my right and a 6.5 on my left.  So I wear flip flops all the time because my left is noticeably bigger than my right and I hate it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)