Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 14: Pack Winter Away

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 106 Replies

Happy 1st day of SPRING! Your activity for today is: Pack Winter Away! 

If the weather allows it where you live, put away the winter boots, scarves, gloves, hats, and heavy coats that you hopefully don't need anymore (depending on where you live, you may want to keep one or two of each to get you through the last few weeks of the season). Be sure to donate what you know won't fit or won't make it another season and make note of anything you'll need to replace. (You can even start a "winter wardrobe savings fund" now to pay for anything you'll have to buy for next year.)

Use the extra space to take out your spring gear -- spring jackets, lighter pants, springtime shoes, or whatever you wear when the weather is better.

How do you organize your clothes from season to season? Tell us in the replies below!

And don't forget to go check out Amanda's progress and share your best findings from the challenge with her! >>

sweepingIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To see all the activities in The Spring Cleaning Challenge, click here.

by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mypbandj
by Jen on Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM
I actually went through all of my dd's clothes last night and we are just getting rid of winter clothes. She grows to quick to save them. I keep all winter hats/gloves/scarves in a plastic bin in my closet. It pretty much takes till Sept. to collect everything from around the house. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 20, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Yep, did this over the weekend!  Changed out his winter clothes to the spring/summer ones and got nice and organized...for myself and my son!

ForeverInLove
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I'm not packing that stuff away just yet! While it may be the first day of Spring, and we may be experiencing 80 degree weather, I do NOT trust this weather. lol. I'll wait until we know the weather is here for good. Usually, around this tme, we are getting snow storms yet.

1busymomma03
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM

This is on my agenda for the weekend and maybe finish up next week if it's not done on the weekend. I have already started, but I just don't think I will have time to finish until then.

gmadiane
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I am in Florida and we never really had a winter at all this year, we had less than 10 days of cold weather I think I have one sweater and one jacket out so not much to pack away

MichelleK41
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

WOOT! Did this since summer sprung in here so early. ;)

muslimahpj
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM

We never had the need to get out the winter stuff this year, it never got cold enough.

dingysfamily
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM

We just move the coats that we keep on a coat rack into the coat closet and put the coat rack in a corner in the tv room, out of the way. We continue to keep sweat shirts in our closets, but we will sometimes move a few pieces of heavier clothes into a closet in another room, but for the most part clothes just stay put in our closet; we really don't have much closet space.  We really need to clean out the closet in the tv room to use for storing off-season clothes.  At the moment our dd has a bunch of her stuff in there that she never wears; dh also keeps his uniforms in there, but he only has like 1/3 of it.  We've been after dd to get her stuff out of there and she did take a little, very little! She has clothes there, her room in the basement and in the guest room closet (half that one).  And she still buys more!!!  Dh went back there one day & went through it with her ... told her he was going to do it if she didn't .. that got her going!  He said he'll do it again too.  Actually though,  neither dh nor I have a lot of clothes really.

wright1212
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Im really wondering if its time for this. We have seen blizzards at end of March, but now when its 80 currently. Im going to play it safe and not pack winter away. Unfortunately I have to unpack summer today!

pigtail
by on Mar. 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM

We did this a week or so ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN