rihanna on cover of women's fitness magazineRihanna isn't my favorite celeb these days. Her personal life just seems like a total mess, and she seems to prove over and over again that she's not really a role model in the relationship department. But when it comes to body love? Perhaps she still has a fighting chance there! 

She talked to Britain's Women's Fitness magazine recently and offered cute insight into how she got comfortable doing something most of us have serious hang-ups with: Being naked!

RiRi noted:

The more I got naked, the more comfortable I felt. I just had to face my fear. You always find something wrong, you always find something you're uncomfortable with, and one thing turns into another and you get embarrassed and self-conscious about it.

I've read/written my fair share of sex and body image stories in women's mags to know that most of us feel like Rihanna did and have a fear of being naked. Or, at the very least, we aren't exactly thrilled being in the buff. But there are hidden benefits to feeling good about it. I've even personally noticed that spending more time than I'd like sans clothes helps me embrace my shape a bit better. Funny enough, sometimes clothes hide our body's best attributes or end up making us feel worse about parts of our body that are actually very sensual when unclothed. And having that kind of experience with your body can definitely do wonders for self-image.

I actually really love what RiRi ended up concluding when she started experimenting more with this ... 

After a while, it was like, "What’s the worst that can happen?" I just started being a little more daring with it. It was just knowing my body … is what it is under clothes or outside of clothes.

Good for her! Granted, she makes a lot of money whilst scantily clad (on tour, photo shoots, etc.), but there's still something to be said for asking ourselves the same question: When we strip down, really, what's the worst that can happen?

How comfortable are you with being naked?