Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Update on my abdominal pain...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

A nurse called me this morning.  I had some slightly elevated levels come back on one of my blood tests.

They want me to go sometime next week for an ultrasound of my gallbladder.  Probably nothing major because they honestly didn't seem too concerned.  Also, I follow a very strict vegetarian diet so I wouldn't think it's my diet giving me all this grief.  Anyway...

I just wanted to let you all know.
Oh and I've been feeling really good. Barely having any pain, just slight discomfort but it is a tremendous improvement from Wednesday and Thursday morning. 

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cleanaturalady
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling better and will maybe have some answers soon.  Thanks for the update. 

reneawesley
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Glad you're feeling better.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Glad you're better.  I'd track the dates of your pain and see if it comes back then, if the dates coincide with parts of your cycle. 

SabrinaLC
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Interesting you brought that up.  I don't know if you remember last month my talking about having chest pain, or well, upper abdominal pain.  It was nothing like this but still... I think it was about mid cycle.  I didn't even think about that when I was at the doctors office.  

Could that and my gallbladder be related??

Quoting e-doolittle:

Glad you're better.  I'd track the dates of your pain and see if it comes back then, if the dates coincide with parts of your cycle. 

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

wahmx3
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Glad you are feeling better but definitely a great idea to track when it happens, how many days, and how you feel each day (amount of pain /discomfort).

Alyson121
by Alyson on Apr. 9, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Hopefully everything will come back clear.
808tiare
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Stick with tracking your pains. if it has nothing to do with your mentral. I wouldn't take it lightly. demand a catscan or x ray. We just found a tumor in my daughters kidney because of pain and well, it was so big she had to do surgery to have it removed. You don't want it to get to that point. if it ain't that. Then your in luck. Hopefully it is just a minor gallbladder type of problem. I think there is something I could share with you to help. Seriously...nutrion helps people heal. Obviously your body is imbalanced and somehting needs to heal or seriously be attended to. Wish you the best and be back with more for you if need. Keep us updated please!!!!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 9, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Glad that you're feeling better mama!  That's wonderful!  Hope you get some answers...keep us posted!

scapermom
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I was having mysterious abdominal pain for a while, I went through loads of tests. Never got a diagnosis of anything wrong. The pain went away after I changed how I was eating. I was on a strict vegan diet. But when I lessened the amount of soy, my pains went away! So my guess is it was the huge amount of soy in my diet. It was mostly processed soy at the time. Now that I'm wiser about it, I try to stick to whole or less processed soy (edamame, tofu, etc.).
Oh & gall bladder pain can feel like a heart attack. My sister went to the E/R with bad chest pain to her bac as well & it turned out to be her gall bladder.she wound up having it removed
mp3mom
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I'm glad to hear your feeling better :) Thanks for the update.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN