Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

To young to have bursitis.

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
When ever I hear word Bursits I think of an elderly women in pain. I never thought this was something a 30 something could get.

It started about two months ago. I would wake up in the am and my hips would hurt. Through out the day they felt better. Now I wake up and my right hip is immediately screaming at me to lay back down......but I can't I have a 6 year old to get off to school. I have read up on it and I can't pin point the cause. None of the causes listed apply to me. I wonder if it's possible to get bursitis from sleeping on your side too much.
At this point all I can say is OUCH!!!!! This is painful really painful.

Anyone out there who can shed some light on this for me?
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I think sleeping can be a huge pain on the body.  I believe my bad rotator cuff came from sleeping on my side.

reneawesley
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Sorry I don't know anything about bursitis but I do think sleeping in one position can cause problems.

mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I never heard of that. I'll go google it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FlyingMommy747
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I had bursitis in my shoulder when I was about 22, so it is not an old person thing at all.  But that does not sound like bursitis at all.  Have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your legs if you sleep on your side?  That will keep your back straight and prevent the awkward position on your hips.

Besides that if I were you, I would go see a doctor who could probably prescribe some physical therapy.

mp3mom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Welcome. My mom got bursitis in her 30's as well, though in her elbow. I know it's caused by repetitive action. I'd certainly go see your Dr. You'll need treatment anyhow; furthermore, as you say, your symptoms don't seem to apply to you. Let us know.

Here's a link:http://www.medicinenet.com/hip_bursitis/article.htm#1whatis

LindaClement
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Funny, 'cause my mom had it in her 30s, and a friend had it in her 20s.

It's just inflammation --which even little kids can have, depending on their diets, lifestyles and individual bodies.

Yes, it is possible to get from lying on one side too much.

Ihatelaundry
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM
I do alternate from side to side and occasionally on my back and I have slept with a pillow between my knees since my 20s. I did go to the dr cause the pain was so bad I thought something was really wrong. He did a X-ray which came back normal. Physical therapy is up next.
Well thanks for the responses I suppose I should have done some reading before I assumed it was and older persons issue..

I will stick with ice and PT for now.
Thanks for your time ladies.
cleanaturalady
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Try sleeping with a pillow between your legs to keep your hips in alignment while you sleep. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM

have you tried a chiropractor?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN