Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Need advice!!

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 7 Replies
What are sum good recipes for crock pots? Be very specific plz cuz I have never cooked in one before. I have a medium sized one and I need to cook for 3. Oh and I'm not picky so meat, veggies, anything along those lines will work! Thanks mamas :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Schleetle
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Chili is always good and easy, sweet and sour veggies (or pork, chicken, etc...), Moroccan curry, and of course BBQ is super easy in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:58 PM

BBQ ribs - add ribs, bbq sauce and cook on low about 6 hours.

Chicken and mushroom sauce - chicken (I prefer thighs because they're moister when cooked), 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can golden mushroom soup.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in middle and soup is "soupy" serve over rice or noodles.

Pot roast - put roast in crockpot, add 1 packet of lipton onion soup mix, water to cover, and add veggies of choice (we like diced potatoes and sliced carrots).  Cook on low about 6 hours.

reneawesley
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM
2-4Chicken breasts, can rinsed and drained black beans, bag of frozen corn, jar of salsa, cook on high 4 hrs. Shred chicken and stir. Eat over rice or on tortillas as tacos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Now that sounds delicious!

Quoting reneawesley:

2-4Chicken breasts, can rinsed and drained black beans, bag of frozen corn, jar of salsa, cook on high 4 hrs. Shred chicken and stir. Eat over rice or on tortillas as tacos.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Check this out! (=

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-listing-of-recipes.html

The woman behind it committed to using her crockpot EVERY DAY for a whole year.  The link takes you to her alphabetized index of things she cooked in it.  In each one she talks about cooking it, whether it was a flop or a favorite, what she might do differently or wishes she had done differently.   Lots of good stuff there. (=

mypbandj
by Jen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Oh I gotta check it out!

Quoting Krysden:

Check this out! (=

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2007/12/alphabetical-listing-of-recipes.html

The woman behind it committed to using her crockpot EVERY DAY for a whole year.  The link takes you to her alphabetized index of things she cooked in it.  In each one she talks about cooking it, whether it was a flop or a favorite, what she might do differently or wishes she had done differently.   Lots of good stuff there. (=

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN