Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know the difference

Posted by   + Show Post

between running shoes and walking shoes and cross trainer shoes? LOL

Do you really need a seperate shoe for each thing?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
cleanaturalady
by Kim on May. 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I have an idea in my mind of the difference, but would never hazard a real description. 

mypbandj
by Jen on May. 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM

So walking in a running shoe is ok but don't run in a walking shoe?

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Darby said it best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 3, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Totally agree here!

Quoting Krysden:

They were just talking about this on The Revolution the other day!   I think Harley said that cross trainers are really your all purpose workout shoe.  If you are doing a little of everything, get those.   If you are just going to be walking then a walking shoe is important but if you are a runner you definitely want good running shoes.  They are designed to help with impact.   I THINK (don't quote me on it) he said using a cross trainer or walking shoe for running increases your risk of shin splints. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 3, 2012 at 5:35 AM

I've never really seen a "walking" shoe to be honest...just running shoes meant for running and then cross training shoes for everything else.

Quoting mypbandj:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 3, 2012 at 5:36 AM

To me, bottom line is don't run in ANYTHING but a running shoe:)  What you do for other activites isn't as big of a deal.

Quoting mypbandj:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 3, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Oh yes...I definitely disagree with you here!  There's a difference between running shoes and then shoes for other workouts...you can seriously injure yourself if you run in the wrong shoes...it's that simple!  Most people who don't run don't understand that.

Quoting Alyson121:

I suspect "marketing terms for profit" however i'm sure runners, walkers, cross trainers would disagree.  LOL

mimi1207
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

yes you do if you concentrate on only doing one certain sport. We went to this store where they measure your feet and watch you walk and run barefoot than they recomend what shoe you need. they look at your foot and your personal needs. I live in Dallas Texas its called Luke's closet. yes they were pricey, but I learned a lot!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Luke's Locker is a great store!  Love that place!

Quoting mimi1207:

yes you do if you concentrate on only doing one certain sport. We went to this store where they measure your feet and watch you walk and run barefoot than they recomend what shoe you need. they look at your foot and your personal needs. I live in Dallas Texas its called Luke's closet. yes they were pricey, but I learned a lot!!

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

And even with the "correct" shoes people still injure themselves.  I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to CONsuming things "termed" for this or that. I do benefit from those terms, it so i shouldn't be . . . .

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Oh yes...I definitely disagree with you here!  There's a difference between running shoes and then shoes for other workouts...you can seriously injure yourself if you run in the wrong shoes...it's that simple!  Most people who don't run don't understand that.

Quoting Alyson121:

I suspect "marketing terms for profit" however i'm sure runners, walkers, cross trainers would disagree.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)