Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Brown Veggie Smoothie?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM
  • 21 Replies

I got a little happy with the produce i put into my smoothie.  That's what happens when you get a new mixer/blender that "smooths" out almost anything.  LOL

It tasted pretty good, just looked . . ."different."   . . . .and as you can see i FINALLY got my VitaMix.  Talk about grinding anything.  And seriously, it wasn't as expensive as i though it would be.  

I blended red cabbage, spinach, tangerines, celery and ice cubes.  It was kinda thick after i'd finished so i added about 1/2 cup of organic orange juice. And yes, all 5 of my children LOVED it.  

by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mp3mom
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM

That's great! My kids leave the room, lol! Unless ice cream or yogurt is involved...

SabrinaLC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM

My breakfast smoothie was brown this morning :-)

My children run from smoothies... not sure why.  Although if we call it a milk shake the younger two will try it.

reneawesley
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM
My oldest wants nothing to do with smoothies unless they have ice cream in them. Youngest loves them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Quoting mp3mom:

That's great! My kids leave the room, lol! Unless ice cream or yogurt is involved...

Yeah sometimes i can get TOO creative with my smoothies and my children are NOT impressed.  

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Quoting SabrinaLC:

My children run from smoothies... not sure why.  Although if we call it a milk shake the younger two will try it.

Oooooooo what did you put in yours?  I did add some Fruit of the Earth powder that was brownish, so i think that made it more brown than it would have been.  My children view smoothies like treats for some reason.  And my 20 month old literally RUNS to get his baby cup as soon as i break out the blender.  *chuckle*

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quoting reneawesley:

My oldest wants nothing to do with smoothies unless they have ice cream in them. Youngest loves them.

I never thought about making a smoothie with ice-cream.  What else do you add in with the ice-cream?

SabrinaLC
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM

My husband made the smoothie so I'm not 100% on everything that was in there.  Oatmeal, mango, banana, and a scoop of amazing grass super food powder which was chocolate flavor

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Oooooooo what did you put in yours?  I did add some Fruit of the Earth powder that was brownish, so i think that made it more brown than it would have been.  My children view smoothies like treats for some reason.  And my 20 month old literally RUNS to get his baby cup as soon as i break out the blender.  *chuckle*

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Kind of looks like chocolate milk

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM

It looks delicious and I'm jealous you got one of those things!  I want one!

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

That sounds good.  We buy Amazing Grass brand too.  I see the wheat grass one but i think our chocolate flavor is MIA.  I'm gonna try a smoothie with oatmeal.  I've used flax cereal before but not oatmeal.  

Quoting SabrinaLC:

My husband made the smoothie so I'm not 100% on everything that was in there.  Oatmeal, mango, banana, and a scoop of amazing grass super food powder which was chocolate flavor

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)