Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

What Does Your Family Snack On

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
My family is big on crunchy veggies. Right now in the fridge are red, yellow, green and orange pepper slices (pepper fries as my oldest has been calling them since age two). There are apples in the fruit bowl and grapes in the fridge. They also eat a lot of cheese sticks and yogurt. With summer comming I'm looking for more snacks to have on hand. Things that they can grab easily with little to no prep. We also do a lot of baby carrots and melon. Celery isn't a big hit here, nor are bananas or citrus fruits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Fruit. We always have apples and bananas to grab and then usually some variety of melon, strawberries, grapes and pineapple in the fridge. Pretzels, yogurt, cheese sticks are also a few other things that get snacked on. Oh, and granola bars........

fatcat0908
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Oh I forgot about berries, my kids love them and they are in season now. Great idea! Thanks!

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Fruit. We always have apples and bananas to grab and then usually some variety of melon, strawberries, grapes and pineapple in the fridge. Pretzels, yogurt, cheese sticks are also a few other things that get snacked on. Oh, and granola bars........

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM

We've been big on granola lately, but that's because i've bee making it.  The love the mini oranges (maderins, tangerines) but that season is pretty much over.  Raw cashews and hunza raisins are things we keep on hand too.  

Now that berry season is upon us, our fridge will be full of red strawberries, raspberries and yummy black berries.  Ohhh and the children like bananas too. If i kept cut up broccoli and carrots and celery in the fridge they'd eat that as well.  But for some reason they only eat it if i lay it out on a try and make it pretty.  

fatcat0908
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:19 PM
My kids don't like citrus fruits at all. It's odd to me. Maybe I'll keep an eye on nuts. I'll grab some when they are on sale. My kids love almonds, but they're just so gosh darn expensive.

Quoting Alyson121:

We've been big on granola lately, but that's because i've bee making it.  The love the mini oranges (maderins, tangerines) but that season is pretty much over.  Raw cashews and hunza raisins are things we keep on hand too.  

Now that berry season is upon us, our fridge will be full of red strawberries, raspberries and yummy black berries.  Ohhh and the children like bananas too. If i kept cut up broccoli and carrots and celery in the fridge they'd eat that as well.  But for some reason they only eat it if i lay it out on a try and make it pretty.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tennisgal
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM

apples and pb are probably the fav. Cheese and yogurts are definately hits, but aside from carrots they don't really snack on a lot of veggies. My middle loves ants on a log, but since no one else really eats celery I don't buy it often. 

Maevelyn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

LOL it's funny bc my whole life I was given bell peppers to snack on and my friends thought i was weird. I love them, my kids love them idk why anybody uses ranch though ick! We eat a lot of citrus fruit, most of it we get from neighbors. 

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

My kids will happily  eat their way through a veggie plate: cucumber, carrot, peppers, and grape tomatoes.  They love most fruits.  We like granola bars (Nature Path), raw cashews, pistachios, and organic trail mix (needs to have dark chocolate chips.)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I snack on fruits and veggies mostly...sometimes I will have a granola bar.  My hubby snacks on trail mix and my 3.5 year old doesn't snack:)

Shawna510
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Sugar free jello, cashews, almonds, yogurt, apples, bananas, grapes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 4, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Yeah my children get funny about their fruits and veggies when i buy out of season.  I didn't notice it before until i started paying attention.  They'll eat a whole bag of oranges but if i buy them out of season them things will sit and rot.  The same with grapes and strawberries, etc.  

I buy all of our nuts and dry fruits (except for the hunza raisins) in the bulk bin section.  It's allot cheaper.  Even though the nuts are like $10 a pound, i hardly ever need to get a whole pound.  And i try and mix and match it.  

Quoting fatcat0908:

My kids don't like citrus fruits at all. It's odd to me. Maybe I'll keep an eye on nuts. I'll grab some when they are on sale. My kids love almonds, but they're just so gosh darn expensive.

Quoting Alyson121:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN