Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I'm not a healthy Mom...but I'd like to be

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

My name is Jen, I'm a 31 year old Mom of a 1.5 year old.  I've struggled with weight for about 9 years.  I was fit when I was planning my wedding but then I gained it all back.  I'd really like to get fit but can't get out of my own way.  I dont have time to exercise and when I do, I'm so tired I just don't feel like it. 

I'm hoping maybe joining a "Healthy Mom" Group will give me some motivation. 

by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Changing your eating habits can make a big difference. Increasing water intake can also make a difference. Start with small changes and then add more. They add up to big impact over time. Good luck! You'll find this is a very supportive group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Welcome to the group Jen!  What's your overall diet like?  Start with small changes like eating veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein.  Drink lots of water!  Weight loss is 80% nutrition & 20% exercise...you can do this!

emtgirl885
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Welcome to the group! One way is to get rid of all the junk food in your house. Drink lots of water(at least 64 oz per day). One way to stay motivated is to get a pedometer and keep track of how many steps you take(minimum is usually 10,000 per day). Make sure you get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Cut out soda for the day(even diet).

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Good advice:)

Quoting emtgirl885:

Welcome to the group! One way is to get rid of all the junk food in your house. Drink lots of water(at least 64 oz per day). One way to stay motivated is to get a pedometer and keep track of how many steps you take(minimum is usually 10,000 per day). Make sure you get 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Cut out soda for the day(even diet).

mypbandj
by Jen on May. 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM

welcome

cleanaturalady
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM

It's hard to change old habits.  Come back every day to get some motivation and support. 

mp3mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Welcome, Jen. Wanting to change is the first step... and you made it!

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Welcome!

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Welcome!   I don't much like to exercise but if I make myself get started it's easier to keep going.   I've found that it has to be something I'll enjoy.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN