Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Age?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
When did you lose your first grandparent? Our god kids just lost theirs and they are 13 and 10. Such a hard age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM
I think I was maybe 20. She was the one I was closest to of course she had to pass fairly young in her early 70s. I know that's no Spring chicken, but these days it's not long. She had cancer that spread to her brain. My grandfather (her husband) died a couple years later. I'm 28 now so that was not recent. I still have my paternal grandparents , four of them actually. Grandma and step grandpa, granpa and step grandma. Both the granddads will be 93 this year I believe, my dad's mom is in her 80s, and my step grandma is a little bit younger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM
I was 29. I lost my first the week after I had my oldest, 6 months later another, 2 months after that another. 2007 was a rough year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swesolek6
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM
not that I remember.my pup died when I was like 2,but I don't remember.I haven't lost one since...knock on wood
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Well, both of my grandfathers died before I was born...my grandmother died when I was a freshman in high school and my other one is still alive.

mypbandj
by Jen on May. 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I was like 15 when my grandfather died. Then I was like 25 when my other grandfather died. Both my grandmothers are still alive - I'm 37.

cleanaturalady
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I was 10 when my dad's dad died and I remember being very confused. 

CrazedMomof2
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:07 PM
27. :( just 2 years ago I lost my grandpa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I never knew  either of my grandfathers.  Both my grandmothers died within a month of each other.  I was almost 26.

fullxbusymom
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Not until I was in college. 

Liyoness
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I was 20 when my dad lost his mom. To be honest, losing any of my dad's parents didn't affect me. Losing my Papa this past March (my mom's dad), that was/is hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN