Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why wont i start my period?!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
  • 13 Replies
I have already taken 4 pregnancy tests with a month. My last period was March 22 . I'm on birth control pills and have been on them fort a month, I'm at the non hormonal pill now, so I should be on my period IF it screwed it up. I'm having signs of pregnancy. I have one more pregnancy test left..when should I take it?? The last pregnancy test I took was around 2 weeks ago..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM
I'd take it tomorrow morning and if it's still negative go to the dr to make sure everything is ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 7, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I agree with Renea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 7, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Yep, I agree!

Quoting reneawesley:

I'd take it tomorrow morning and if it's still negative go to the dr to make sure everything is ok.

SabrinaLC
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Your body could be thrown off by something.  Stress, exhaustion, the new bc, an underlying illness, etc.  If you're taking pt and they're showing negative there is a good chance you are not pregnant.  I have been 2.5 weeks late with my period before, my pregnancy symptoms were there but to be honest most pregnancy symptoms are also pre-menstural symptoms.

If you are seriously worried though give your doctor a call.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Just to be sure I'm understanding this right....   Your last period was 6 weeks ago and you are in your 4th week of birth control pills?  It's been a while since I took bc pills but it used to be that you were supposed to start taking them either the day you start your period or the sunday after you start.    If you didn't start taking them until 2 weeks after your last period then that might be why your cycle is so messed up right now.   You threw your body for a loop!

I  found several things online that say it's not uncommon for a woman to miss her period when on birth control... even during the non hormonal pill section.   That said, if you really think you may be pregnant (nothing is 100% after all) then you should probably make a docs appt and see about a blood test.  good luck

mypbandj
by Jen on May. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Yeah you should take that last test! Especially since haven't for 2 weeks.
I haven't had a period since March 22 either LOL but I figure that's b/c I'm nursing. My baby was born 5/31/10 and I got my period back on 2/11/12. Then 3/22/12. And nothing since. But that's OK with me!!!

Let us know what you test says.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I would retest for sure. If it says negative go to the doctor.

mp3mom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I agree.

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

I would retest for sure. If it says negative go to the doctor.

aprilsalcro
by Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I'd go see a doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
intel18
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM
My test was negative. If I threw my body for a loop should I keep taking them or just stop and wait for my period to start and then continue to take them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)