Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Target!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM
  • 24 Replies

So, I know you can't really target weight loss.  But...

UGH! lol

My upper body is pretty thin but my butt and thighs just kind flow into each other, there really is no shape.  I need to get rid of that last bit of fat from there so my toning will show through.  I have been trying for so long and all that happens is my top half is losing fat while the bottom half is barely budging!  

I figure eventually my upper body isn't going to have anything left to lose so the fat will come off my lower half but... I'm tired of waiting! lol

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emtgirl885
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

It will happen, you can do it! What kind of lower body workouts do you do?

SabrinaLC
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Oh geez!  Squats, plie squats, lunges, leg abductions,etc...

But I don't just focus on my lower body so that's mixed with cardio and upper body.

Quoting emtgirl885:

It will happen, you can do it! What kind of lower body workouts do you do?

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

emtgirl885
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM

It is good to have cardio mixed with lower body.

Leg raises on hands and knees, jumping jacks, calf raises, knee up and twist, scissors, the T step

SabrinaLC
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I do most of that stuff already.

My weight is carried in my lower half and I've always had trouble with it.  Three pregnancies later and it seems even harder to shed the weight :-(

Thank you!

Quoting emtgirl885:

Leg raises on hands and knees, jumping jacks, calf raises, knee up and twist, scissors, the T step

gregsgrl04
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Honestly, I had the same problem. I changed my eating habits and that helped tremendously.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I actually already eat a really healthy diet, which is how I trimmed down my upper body.

But my lower body is not really budging, it's rather frustrating to me.

I know what needs to done, guess I was just looking for other people who are in the same boat.

I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm not that big...  :-/

Quoting gregsgrl04:

Honestly, I had the same problem. I changed my eating habits and that helped tremendously.

emtgirl885
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good. I am sorry that your weight is in your lower body. You are welcome!

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I do most of that stuff already.

My weight is carried in my lower half and I've always had trouble with it.  Three pregnancies later and it seems even harder to shed the weight :-(

Thank you!

Quoting emtgirl885:

cleanaturalady
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:11 AM

It's so frustrating when I bodies decide were they want to lose fat from instead of us being able to make it go from wherever WE want it gone.  My problem area is my gut.  It is the first place I start to look pudgy and the last place that cooperates into the size I want.  So frustrating.

mp3mom
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Here's a link to show exercises for target areas:http://myexercise-for-woman.com/muscle-exercises.htm

SabrinaLC
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Quoting mp3mom:

Here's a link to show exercises for target areas:http://myexercise-for-woman.com/muscle-exercises.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN