Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT 12 years ago

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Jen
  • 9 Replies

Thursday my only dd turns 12. And I am sitting here, remembering what I was doing 12 years ago. Funny how it doesn't seem that long ago....LOL

I was having contractions like crazy. I had been for probably 2 weeks - yet I ignored them. I just knew that I would be pregnant forever. ha!

I woke up on May 10th around 6 am. Couldn't sleep b/c of the contractions. I went down stairs and dh followed me even though I told him to go back to bed. My contractions were 5 minutes apart and about a minute long. We decided that this must be it and we call my doula and my friend to come over. We also called another friend who was coming to watch our 3 year old and yet another friend who was dying to come to my birth.  I told her that she could come to my house until it was time for me to leave.

Everyone showed up and I was in full labor! The only problem - it as full BACK  labor. awful painful.

Around 9 my water broke and I could NOT get comfortalbe no matter what so we got in the car and drove to the birth center. By the time we got there (20 mins later I think). they checked me and I was a 10!

That friend of mine who was told she could only come to my house....well she came to the birth center too. She couldn't stay away (she is now a doula and birth junkie...I like to take credif for that. LOL).

My back was killing me so they tried to use some technique where they insert water just under the skin in your back - like a TB test, I guess. Well it didn't work.

About 2 hours later, after pushing my guts out (I had NO urge to push but did so b/c they told me to) I was exhausted and lying on the bed, on my side, w/ one leg in the air. The midwife had checked me and said that the baby was very high. she could barely reach her. So she left to go somewhere, and was to be right back.

So it was just me and my 2 friends and my doula and my dh and of course the birth center nurse. Then all of a sudden, I felt the baby twist and boom, 2 pushes and she was OUT! The nurse had to catch her.

It was amazing. My perfect birth. They put her on my stomach. Delayed cord cutting. I announced the sex (a GIRL). And I cut the cord.My first birth and ended in a cesarean so this was a successful vbac and I was very happy. :D

Ahhh, thanks for walking down memory lane with me.

Here is the most recent pic of her (w/ her brothers). :)

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 10, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Thanks for sharing!  She's beautiful!

emtgirl885
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Happy Birthday to your daughter! She is so pretty!

SabrinaLC
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Thanks for sharing.

She is lovely!

mp3mom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Ah... you were so lucky, Jen. Funny how we NEVER forget their births, lol. My first was posterior; I ended in a C. Not fun after severe back labor for at least 10 hours of the 23, undrugged. I wish I'd known about Doulas and whatnot... Happy birthday to your daughter! She is beautiful! As are your sons, sorry, I mean handsome. And, might I say, she looks a tad older than 12. :) My youngest is 11 (and probably looks older to others too, lol). Enjoy!

happy birthday

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:32 PM

time certainly does seem to fly by

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Wonderful story!!

reneawesley
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Happy birthday to your daughter. Great story! I was just telling my 5 year old a story about her birth today.

cleanaturalady
by Kim on May. 14, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Aw, I missed this on the actual day.  Happy birhtday to your daughter.  I have a son born on 5/8.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Quoting Krysden:

time certainly does seem to fly by

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)