Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How did you start your day?

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
  • 21 Replies

I started my day with 16oz of water.... before I'd even had so much as a sip of coffee!!!

Yesterday I watched a short video of Bob Harper sharing 5 "skinny rules" from his new book.   The first one he mentioned was staying hydrated.  He recommends starting the day with a glass of water... and not some tiny 4oz cup, but more like 12oz!   He also recommends drinking a big glass of water every time before you eat.   I can't say that I'm going to do that one but I thought I'd give water first thing in the morning a try. 

How did you start your day today?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
freshmom88
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Sounds like a great start. I started my day w/coffee, over easy egg & whole grain toast. Will be drinking water for the rest of the day of course :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

I had a 1/2 cup coffee, a glass of milk, & a protein bar, & water...need more coffee.

Schleetle
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM
I just finished some water, that's all I've had so far today. I'm always thirsty in the morning so downing a big glass of water is one of the first things I do. I try to drink a glass before every meal, I don't have as much time at dinner so I just keep a glass full on the counter while I'm cooking, and by the time I'm done it's always gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Lazy! lol

I use to drink one glass of water while prepping my breakfast but I got lazy and faded away from it.  I miss the days when I was awesomely hydrated!

I'll get it back, I will!  lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Great idea!  I start my day with water, coffee, and breakfast...first thing in the morning!

Alyson121
by Alyson on May. 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I started my day nursing my 20 month old while still in bed.  Then i cleaned and ran a bath.  I totally need to drink more water.  

Did you drink 16oz all at one time?

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I started with 20oz  cup with water, juice of a lemon, 2Tbls of apple cider vinegar and one stevia packet.  (Detox drink from Dr. Axe.)  I need to keep my urine PH regulated because of kidney stones and this helps.  Some time coffee or tea.  

I find the bigger my water container is the better I am at drinking water.  It is earlier to fill a 32 oz container 2-3 times a day.  Then an 8 oz glass 8 times a day.

reneawesley
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I get completely ready for the day before I eat anything and even then I had a bagel thin with pb. No water for me until mid afternoon.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on May. 17, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Great advice!!

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Quoting Alyson121:

I started my day nursing my 20 month old while still in bed.  Then i cleaned and ran a bath.  I totally need to drink more water.  

Did you drink 16oz all at one time?

I drank the whole thing over the course of about 20 minutes.  I just wanted to make sure I'd finished it before having anything else.  I went with 16oz because that's what most of our glasses hold.  I did it this morning too. (=

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)