Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Guess who loves quinoa

Posted by   + Show Post

My children!!!!  My son asked to have it as a side dish.  Then my daughter had 3rds.  It was just plain cooked as the package directed served like rice.

by on May. 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
Schleetle
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Prepared according to directions (2:1 water to qunioa). Then served bowl style with blackbeans, fresh pico de gallo, cooked mushrooms/onions, seasoned tofu, homemade spicy cilantro lime vinaigrette, topped with diced cucumbers, and nutritional yeast. I actually took pictures last night because I was showing difference to someone from the vegan quinoa one, and the not vegan rice version.

Quinoa vegan bowl:

Regular rice style (this was hubby's):

Quoting cmorris1200:

How did you prepare it???

Quoting Schleetle:

reneawesley
by on May. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM
I've never tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3_dll
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Tried it at a buffet once and it was alright. Just like rice, so I'd eat it again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cleanaturalady
by on May. 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM

That's great.  Mine hate it. 

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are naturally programmed to eat healthy.  They love fruits and veggies too.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

norahsmommy
by Member on May. 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Lucky! I have made healthy home cooked meals and snacks every day for 4 years and it is still a struggle at mealtimes! They would rather just not eat than try something 'weird'. The list of foods they simply wont eat is loooong. I don't cater to them. They eat what I make or they don't eat. I do make sure there is at least one thing on the plate they like ( apple slices or carrots and dip) but sometimes they won't eat that either! It's frustrating.

Quoting cmorris1200:

Mine are naturally programmed to eat healthy.  They love fruits and veggies too.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staceyski
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:19 AM

My 6 year old daughter tried it even before I ever did in school.  So ever since she's been begging for me to buy some.  I finally did this weekend.  Now looking for some good recipes. She said in school they put syrup on it - sounds kind of gross to me but we'll see.  :)expecting baby

SabrinaLC
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:37 AM

yum!

My kiddos won't eat it :-/  We finally got them eating brown rice though!  lol

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on May. 20, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I could see adding the syrup to make it sweet for breakfast  like oatmeal.  

Quoting staceyski:

My 6 year old daughter tried it even before I ever did in school.  So ever since she's been begging for me to buy some.  I finally did this weekend.  Now looking for some good recipes. She said in school they put syrup on it - sounds kind of gross to me but we'll see.  :)expecting baby

mp3mom
by on May. 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM

That's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)