Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Sugar Detox Day 2: Trim the fat... er, sugar.

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM
  • 162 Replies
1 mom liked this

It's time to get serious about ditching sugar. Take a look at what you wrote down in your sugar diary yesterday. Are there obvious sugar bombs that you can cut out right away? Cake? Cookies? Soda? Start eliminating the worst of your sugary vices.

Go through your fridge, freezer, and pantries (and any secret hiding spots you have!). We’re not suggesting you throw away food, but make a promise to finish or give away what you have this week. Maybe have a pre-detox party and invite your girlfriends for a last hurrah. Then commit to limiting sugar together -- starting with the big offenders you identified today -- so you can support each other, with baby steps!

What are you giving up today?

icecreamIf you missed the first day of the Sugar Detox, click here. To sign up for the 7 Day Sugar Detox, click here.

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM
3 moms liked this

I won't eat any cookies...today ;-)  We have a large family sweet tooth so we almost always have baked goods in the house.  Funny though, the baked goods aren't my problem when it comes to weight loss.  My struggle is portion control.  Maybe we should do a portion control challenge too ;-)

To be honest, for the most part there really is not a lot of added sugar in my diet.  I thought there would be more but while I was tracking my food I noticed it's not as much as I initially thought.  I'm actually pretty proud of myself! lol

emtgirl885
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I will be giving up carbs, that is where I tend to overeat in.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM

My biggest sugar intake seems to be from my Chai Tea and it's like my coffee not sure I  can give that one up. Maybe just cut backl from 4 cups to 2 cups per day. We don't have lots with sugar in them in our house. We don't do cookies the worst thing would probably be the Ice Cream we have in the freezer. Hmmm tough one today.

Jenn8604
by Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM
My biggest is breads, but unless someone is going to be buying me all sorts of fresh fruits and veggies so I can get away from sandwiches im just gonna keep my sugar i take where it is and work out more to lose weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimberlyMKasten
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM

cookies and Pepsi were the bad ones. I like to have a Pepsi with my egg salad sandwich. Maybe I will just skip the Pepsi and once the cookies are gone that won't be a problem. There are only a few left. Maybe I will make DH take them to work. Although he has his own to finish.

MdMom289
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Today I am giving up chocolate. That seemed to totally put my sugar through the roof.

I would like to find another natural creamer that's sugar free, but not sure where to look yet. I'll look at my local health food store.

MdMom289
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Jenn8604- I had a big problem with eating too many breads, too but I've learned to get creative. Instead of a traditional sandwich I have it wraps in lettuce, or put all the toppings on top of a salad. Even if you do this a few times a week, it's still a lot better than where you are now.

razmataz426
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:41 AM

The ice cream is almost gone, so I won't be buying any more of that.
Need to find a low calorie form of chocolate.

mama2b100808
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM
i am giving up anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
0Kit0
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I drank a soda yesterday. There's really nothing I can give up because I've been limiting junk food. I'm only taking honey in my tea. Today I can make sure I don't purchase any junk food and I won't make any from scratch. There are no sweets in the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)