Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Sugar Detox Day 6: Watch the White

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this

Simple carbohydrates like white bread, white pasta, white rice, and of course, white sugar, all cause your blood sugar to spike, and subsequent dips might make you crave even more sugar. White foods are also often devoid of essential nutrients that your body needs. Today, try to swap these foods for healthier alternatives, like whole grain bread, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta -- and try to keep it up!

There are a few white foods that still pass muster. Don't worry about eating yogurt or cauliflower, for example.

Which white foods are your weakness?

lollipopIf you missed yesterday's activity, click here. To sign up for the 7 Day Sugar Detox, click here.

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britniwheeler
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Ugh. All of them are my weakness! This will be a much tougher feat for me.

SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't use white flour or white sugar.

We occasionally get white pasta but it's mainly wheat.  We sometimes eat white rice because we can't always get the boys to eat the brown.  I use rice wraps with my summer rolls, which are white rice :-/

I guess my white weakness is my rice wraps.  I've switched to brown rice maifun noodles though

mama2b100808
1 mom liked this
Pasta and bread are my weakness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane

pasta is my weakness

MargauxG
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I love white bread... Just cant get used to whole wheat breads... What about potato bread? is that ok!? :)

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM

For me the only thing I do is mostly use white flour. I don't make much pasta, rice I use whole grain. I don't eat much bread and when I do it's always wheat bread.

lhlady517
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Do this already. and as for the bread...Make my own. I sure do appreciate the bread machine.  I use brown rice and quinoa. I'm not wild about pasta, so I've experimented with zucchini ribbons, and I actually prefer spagghetti squash to spagghetti.

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Bagels

floridagal
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

bread for sure!

vlester
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

white sugar and white pasta

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)