Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

New here... Type 2 diabetes question involved as well.

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi, I am new here and have a question.....

I KNOW you ladies are not doctors, I am just wondering about a symptom that is not listed on the website that might be related to this disease.

I might have this disease, have a doc appt next Tues. but am curious now. I have been SERIOUSLY craving sweets like all day every day, coud this be a symptom of diabetes and should I not eat sweets because of the possibility of having it????

No whining about me asking, I am not asking for a dx, just if this is part of the symptoms and those who have this will know if it is or not, and if I should stop eating sweets.

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Maybe?  lol  Sorry, but it's all I've got.

Welcome to the group!

reneawesley
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I don't think craving sweets is a symptom. Not sure though.

Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I'm not sure either.

Welcome to the group.

mommyof3lilboys
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Thankk you ladies. I googled it and got mixed answers. Some said yes, some said no, and some said maybe

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Does eating fruit satisfy the craving or is it for cake, cookies, etc?  If it is for chocolate you should have your magnesium checked because that is a sign of magnesium deficiency.  I know there is a list on here for what your craving and deficiencies.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM

It could be that your body needs other nutrients.   Check out NaturalNews.com and so a search on their site about Diabetes Symptoms.  Also check out Dr. Joseph Mercola's site as well.  

Machelle669
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Welcome

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I wouldn't change your diet before having your blood work done by your dr. I have prediabetes and I dont crave sweets. I can tell that mine is out whack when I am thirsty and nothing quenches it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM
It is possible to be addicted to sugar and that kind of eating can lead to diabetes.. I did the maker's diet to break my addiction. Now I only have honey and sometimes maple syrup. I bake my own sweets and still enjoy sweets but healthier alternatives. I don't have issues with my blood sugar spiking anymore. I know I was on my way to having type 2 diabetes...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:17 AM

I honestly don't know mama!  I'm sorry!  Good luck and welcome to the group though:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN