Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

I Got a Boo Boo, HELP!!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

I will be wearing shorts starting tomorrow for a vacation, and a few days ago I walked into the foot post of my DD bed.  I have a HUGE ugly bruise on my thigh.

I've been loading up on Vitamin E, but it isn't going away.  Does anyone have any other ideas to help it go away faster?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reneawesley
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:43 PM
I wish I knew. I bruise easily and always have bruises on my legs. I'm interested on What others say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
athiareece
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Melt a bar of chocolate in the microwave and rub it on your bruise. Then wrap the entire area in a bandage or cover it with a piece of gauze before you go to sleep. The next morning remove the bandage, and when you wipe off the chocolate you should see a noticeable difference.

or 

If you really want to hide a bruise quickly, try using professional make-up. This make-up can completely hide your bruise until you get through the healing process. A variety of brands of body make-up particularly for this purpose are available.

Don't use an ace bandage besides with the above option because this can actually slow down the healing process and make your bruise last longer than it would otherwise.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Same here!

Quoting reneawesley:

I wish I knew. I bruise easily and always have bruises on my legs. I'm interested on What others say.

cleanaturalady
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Quoting athiareece:

Melt a bar of chocolate in the microwave and rub it on your bruise. Then wrap the entire area in a bandage or cover it with a piece of gauze before you go to sleep. The next morning remove the bandage, and when you wipe off the chocolate you should see a noticeable difference.

or 

If you really want to hide a bruise quickly, try using professional make-up. This make-up can completely hide your bruise until you get through the healing process. A variety of brands of body make-up particularly for this purpose are available.

Don't use an ace bandage besides with the above option because this can actually slow down the healing process and make your bruise last longer than it would otherwise.

Could I just eat the chocolate and have the same result?

I kid, I kid.  I had no idea of this remedy.

Next time you run into something - put ice on it right away.  A lot of times this will slow down the blood flow to that area and will prevent the pooling of blood, which is what a bruise is. 

balagan_imma
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Years ago my OB told me to drink and eat all things pineapple. Something in the bromeline helps bruises to go bye bye.

Enjoy your vacation!

mypbandj
by Jen on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Seriously? LOL

I did not know that. Chocolate is amazing!

Quoting athiareece:

or 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Sorry you got a bruise. I hope it heals up quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Enjoy your vacation!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I have no idea, I just deal with bruises :-/

When I was in highschool I was laying out in the sun attempting to tan before my band trip to Orlando.  Well, my little brother threw a HUGE rock at me and it hit my shin.  I had a huge bruise and ended up wearing jeans half the trip :-(

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM

As far as I know, bruises just have to run their course.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)