Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

MUST Loose 20lbs... Who is with me?

So my weight has gradually increased over the last 10 years. I am 28, and have a small frame (5'4)  with medium bone size, and extremely high muscle density (like a gymnast).  Currently I weigh 140!!! 140, I have NEVER in my life weighed this much. Its even embarrassing to admit it.

I really would like to find some friends on here that want to tone/trim down. I would like to have someone to hold me accountable for my food intake and exercise habits.

Does this sound like you? Wanna join me?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
tnvplus2
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:43 PM
That would be cool :)

Quoting steph.sublette:

I would love to loose 20 with you then and cheer you on after : )

Quoting tnvplus2:

I have more then that to lose :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Good luck!  I have about 10 to lose but am too busy with work right now to focus on it.

itsm3
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM

let's message here.  i also have a blog (in my siggy) and i post updates often.  will you be posting updates here, then?

i'm on week 5 of insanity.  i have no idea if i've gained but i know i'm toning and losing inches because i'm wearing clothes i was wearing back in 2006/2007 (pre-pregnancy) and i can see my abs again :)

Quoting steph.sublette:

AWESOME! I have to be careful too or I look like a body builder, its so annoying. I tried the Insanity workout and  gained 8 pounds in two weeks it was so frustrating.

So... we could just message each other on here. Start a blog somewhere ? Facebook? Email..?

Whats your idea?

Quoting itsm3:

omg, we are the same person - same body type, same height, same muscle density.  i bulk up so quickly and easily that i have to be very careful wiith what i do otherwise i'll look like a body builder.

but i'll hold you accountable.  i've been on a health kick since jan 1 of this year and i blog about it (to hold myself accountable and my readers hold me accountable) but be prepared for me to hound you.  

so how do you want to do this?

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

reneawesley
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I have 5 lbs I want to lose after gaining it back over the last couple of months. I just started working out again and counting calories again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph.sublette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Thank you! And good luck with you too, I hope there is a vacation in site for you.

Quoting e-doolittle:

Good luck!  I have about 10 to lose but am too busy with work right now to focus on it.

steph.sublette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Awesome, jump on board !

Quoting reneawesley:

I have 5 lbs I want to lose after gaining it back over the last couple of months. I just started working out again and counting calories again.

steph.sublette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

That's awesome! I just got so frustrated with it : (  Loved the workouts though, made me sweat alot.

So.. today.. I had oatmeal for breakfast (go me!) and probably herbalife shake for lunch and for dinner sweet potatoes (i love them!).Exercise.. I am gonna try to take a walk see how far I get with my ant bites, and then swimming this evening for 30 min.

Still weigh 140 today.

You?

Quoting itsm3:

let's message here.  i also have a blog (in my siggy) and i post updates often.  will you be posting updates here, then?

i'm on week 5 of insanity.  i have no idea if i've gained but i know i'm toning and losing inches because i'm wearing clothes i was wearing back in 2006/2007 (pre-pregnancy) and i can see my abs again :)

Quoting steph.sublette:

AWESOME! I have to be careful too or I look like a body builder, its so annoying. I tried the Insanity workout and  gained 8 pounds in two weeks it was so frustrating.

So... we could just message each other on here. Start a blog somewhere ? Facebook? Email..?

Whats your idea?

Quoting itsm3:

omg, we are the same person - same body type, same height, same muscle density.  i bulk up so quickly and easily that i have to be very careful wiith what i do otherwise i'll look like a body builder.

but i'll hold you accountable.  i've been on a health kick since jan 1 of this year and i blog about it (to hold myself accountable and my readers hold me accountable) but be prepared for me to hound you.  

steph.sublette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I just went to the doc Monday for a Sinus Infection.. its killing me too, I hope you start to feel better soon. I got antibiotics and finally this morning I can breathe out of one nostril. 

I can try to do Insanity again, I am just super muscular and last time I tried I gained 8lbs, it was hard taking it back off!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Truthfully, I have a nasty sinus infection so I didn't eat much of anything decent today and I sure didn't exercise!  

Typically I run 5-6 days/week and I do Insanity 6 days/week as well.  I LOVE Insanity as it's HIIT, and it's challenging but fun:)  I've done it before and starting round 2 now.  My passion is long distance running...I've done 3 half marathons and I'm doing a full marathon in November of this year:)

Quoting steph.sublette:

You can do it! Dropping sizes in clothes is the best. Personally I would like to fit into the clothes I HAVE, I refuse to buy bigger pants!!!!

What are you eating today?

What are you doing for exercise today?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Sandra's right...the June Minute Challenge is great!  We do have daily posts about our exercise and workouts too:)  I'm also trying to lose about 20 pounds...my body is happy where I am, so it's tough for me to lose anymore weight...I'm 5'6 and very muscular and curvy...I'm 160 and in a size 8/10, and I'd love to be about 140 and in a size 6/8.  It's tough, but I'm determined to do it!

itsm3
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM

i honestly don't step on the scale; haven't in YEARS.  i don't take measurements either because i don't want to be obsessed with numbers... i just go by how i feel and how my clothes fit and right now, they're all loose :)

today i had whole wheat toast with egg whites and my tea..i need my tea.

i'm just about to go kill myself again with insanity "upper body weight training" circuit so wish me luck.

for lunch i'm probably going to have salad with ACV dressing, a tuna sandwich (for the protein) followed by some watermelon and for dinner, we're going out for sashimi (yum!).  

will the shake fill you up?  you need to make sure your caloric intake is sufficient otherwise you won't lose any weight.  when it seemed that i was actually gaining weight (it looked like it), it was because i wasn't eating enough calories (as opposed to what i was burning) so after i added a few hundred calories to my diet, i started to go back to normal (losing).  so be sure to eat healthy snacks between  meals.  to keep your metabolism going, it's recommended to eat 5-6 small healthy meals a day.  are you going to eat more than sweet potatoes for dinner?  you should add a lean meat (protein) and fresh veggies/fruit.  

and what's up with the ant bites?

Quoting steph.sublette:

That's awesome! I just got so frustrated with it : (  Loved the workouts though, made me sweat alot.

So.. today.. I had oatmeal for breakfast (go me!) and probably herbalife shake for lunch and for dinner sweet potatoes (i love them!).Exercise.. I am gonna try to take a walk see how far I get with my ant bites, and then swimming this evening for 30 min.

Still weigh 140 today.

You?

Quoting itsm3:

Quoting steph.sublette:

Whats your idea?

Quoting itsm3:

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

BraesMommy21
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Girl,I would kill to b 140 but I understand if thats not the weight ure not use to being thats exactly what Im going through now since I had my son.I also wanna lose 20 pounds.Im about to cut out all carbs n hitting the gym @ least 6 days a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN