Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

MUST Loose 20lbs... Who is with me?

So my weight has gradually increased over the last 10 years. I am 28, and have a small frame (5'4)  with medium bone size, and extremely high muscle density (like a gymnast).  Currently I weigh 140!!! 140, I have NEVER in my life weighed this much. Its even embarrassing to admit it.

I really would like to find some friends on here that want to tone/trim down. I would like to have someone to hold me accountable for my food intake and exercise habits.

Does this sound like you? Wanna join me?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Replies (31-37):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Wow!  You gained weight with Insanity?  Did you follow a clean and healthy diet?  That's weird as I've never heard of that before...sorry mama!

Quoting steph.sublette:

I just went to the doc Monday for a Sinus Infection.. its killing me too, I hope you start to feel better soon. I got antibiotics and finally this morning I can breathe out of one nostril. 

I can try to do Insanity again, I am just super muscular and last time I tried I gained 8lbs, it was hard taking it back off!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Truthfully, I have a nasty sinus infection so I didn't eat much of anything decent today and I sure didn't exercise!  

Typically I run 5-6 days/week and I do Insanity 6 days/week as well.  I LOVE Insanity as it's HIIT, and it's challenging but fun:)  I've done it before and starting round 2 now.  My passion is long distance running...I've done 3 half marathons and I'm doing a full marathon in November of this year:)

Quoting steph.sublette:

You can do it! Dropping sizes in clothes is the best. Personally I would like to fit into the clothes I HAVE, I refuse to buy bigger pants!!!!

What are you eating today?

What are you doing for exercise today?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Sandra's right...the June Minute Challenge is great!  We do have daily posts about our exercise and workouts too:)  I'm also trying to lose about 20 pounds...my body is happy where I am, so it's tough for me to lose anymore weight...I'm 5'6 and very muscular and curvy...I'm 160 and in a size 8/10, and I'd love to be about 140 and in a size 6/8.  It's tough, but I'm determined to do it!

steph.sublette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM

YES I gained weight :( And I ate super healthy too, I have a mesomorphic body type which is great overall (im super strong), but when I lift weights, add resistance my body turns all my food into muscle. its insane.

I have to do purley areobic and cardio excersizes to see any change.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Wow!  You gained weight with Insanity?  Did you follow a clean and healthy diet?  That's weird as I've never heard of that before...sorry mama!

Quoting steph.sublette:

I just went to the doc Monday for a Sinus Infection.. its killing me too, I hope you start to feel better soon. I got antibiotics and finally this morning I can breathe out of one nostril. 

I can try to do Insanity again, I am just super muscular and last time I tried I gained 8lbs, it was hard taking it back off!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I see...makes sense now.

Quoting steph.sublette:

YES I gained weight :( And I ate super healthy too, I have a mesomorphic body type which is great overall (im super strong), but when I lift weights, add resistance my body turns all my food into muscle. its insane.

I have to do purley areobic and cardio excersizes to see any change.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Quoting steph.sublette:

steph.sublette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hi Raegan! Or should I say Howdy?!!! I am happy to see you jump on board, how are you doing today? Whats your exercise plan... food plans?

Quoting raegan1221:

That sounds like you're getting off to a great start! I do the Lean Cuisine's and Healthy Choice meals too.:) Usually for breakfast, I have cottage cheese with mixed fruit, 1 slice of wheat toast with peanut butter and honey and a banana. I am trying to get back on that. This will be give me motivation. I am glad you created this post.:)

I am in Tx too..in San Angelo!

Quoting steph.sublette:

That sounds like a fabulous start! So glad to have someone on board

As of today (everyday is s new day) I am not going to drink alcohol, no fast food and no chocolate. I have a bike and really would love to ride it more so I am with you on the bike thing : ) I have just about every workout tape possible, and really haven't found any that work for me, I just cant get motivated working out in my living room (maybe because I have tile floor and its super uncomfortable doing anything on the ground). I normally work out at lunchtime for about 30 min but right now I cannot put weight on my feet as I was bitten by fire ants and my feet are swollen.

Maybe I will swim tonight?! (if it ever stops storming.. I am in Houston)

Food: For breakfast I had an herbalife shake and an orange (I am terrible at eating breakfast-I am always naseous int he morning, so herbalife is about the only way I can get nutrition in my body). Lunch I had a lean cusine meal and for dinner I am having broiled pork roast and baby carrots : )

laurenb1
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Not exactly. But I need to lose a few lbs.. Well i don't care about the weight so much, I just want to lose my belly and get toned
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM

That is my main goal also!!!

Quoting laurenb1:

Not exactly. But I need to lose a few lbs.. Well i don't care about the weight so much, I just want to lose my belly and get toned

steph.sublette
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Good luck to you! for me though is my butt and thighs.. uuuggg....

Quoting laurenb1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN