Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

weight loss ideas?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM
  • 14 Replies
i had my second and unfortunately last child 4 years ago via emergency csection. Ive been struggling ever since 2 lose my pregnancy weight. Ive cut back and except for an occasional snack eliminated junk food. I eat a lot of fiber and protein. Excercise daily. Cut back on my carbs. Idk what else to do. Ive never had a problem losing weight b4 even if i ate whatever i wanted to (extremely high metabolism). Im beginning to hate the way i look and the way clothes fit me. Im not fat by any means just want to lose 10-15 pounds and get back into a size im comfortable in. Any ideas??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Have you asked your doctor to check you out and make sure that there's not anything hindering your weight loss efforts (such as thyroid problems, etc).

I've had success with Weight Watchers.

06katc08
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM
my dr says im completely healthy and that she doesnt c y im having such a hard time losing weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM
Eat less and move more!

Have you tried switching up your workout routine?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rota
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

As a wellness educator, I hear people telling me this same story many times. There are no easy answers and  no one answer fits everyone. In order for me to help you, I would need you to send me a three day typical diet of everything you eat, drink as well as how much ( and what type) exercise you get, how active you are at home/work, and what medications you are taking. If you will email me and tell me you want me to send you an assessment, I will do that or you could just send me the three day diary.

foundationsforhealth@yahoo.com

asaffell
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Are you logging what you eat and how many calories? Moms have a hard time remembering every single bite that goes in their mouths sometimes - myself included.

I would definitely focus on that. Results are mostly related to nutrition intake. Hope to help! Let me know if you need help or encouragement!

steffers96
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I'd try jogging. That's been working so great for me. Also, double check what you're eating. Just because you're cutting back doesn't necessarily mean that what you're still eating will help. If all else fails, check with your dr - maybe it's something thyroid related. 

OH...........AND DONT FORGET THE WATER!!! No joking, but lots and lots and LOTS of water will definitely help shed the weight.  :)

ONE HAPPILY MARRIED MOMMY!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:44 AM

I would take a close look at your diet...veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein should be the bulk of your diet with very little processed food and lots of water!  Good luck mama!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM
There are many sites and apps that let you track your diet. Perhaps there are hidden calories that you are missing. If your doctor has ruled out anything medical, I would try mixing up your workouts and drilling down on your diet. I lost my weight by eating smaller meals throughout the day instead three big meals.

Good luck! We are here for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
formymunchkins
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I've noticed the older I've gotten, the slower my metabolism has gotten.  I've been using Visalus replacement shakes for about a month now and am losing (not at an unhealthy rate) and feel fantabulous!  Definitely log your food too.  You don't realize how much a nibble here and a nibble there add up :-)  Good Luck!

reneawesley
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:17 PM
I would suggest counting calories using something like my fitness pal or spark people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)