Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

DH fell off the wagon

Posted by   + Show Post
The kool-aid wagon that is. He used to have a two pack a day habit and I broke it. Got him hooked on iced tea...still a lot of sugar but at least he got the benefits of tea. Now that he's working in a supermarket again he's been bring home all kinds of nonsense. Last week he brought home kool-aid. Argh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
Babujai
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

That's how I make lemonade: 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, 6 cups of water.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

lol. i'm finally all out of koolaid and counry time lemonade and i wanna buy more sooo bad but i must resist! i make a water, lemon juice, and sugar concoction for workouts that is pretty sweet but healthier because its chemical free.

asaffell
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM

eww...I don't think I could drink a glass of that ever again.

cleanaturalady
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Quoting Alyson121:

My cousin used to make kool-aide all the time, however he NEVER put ANY sugar in it at all.  You'd fill your glass and take a huge gulp and know IMMEDIETLY that he made it because it was so sour.  LOL

That makes my mouth pucker just thinking about it. 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM

LOL @ "the church ladies kool-aide" That's because they tried and thin it out. And my cousin, he just didn't like sweet kool-aide.  Like who doesn't like sweet kool-aide? *chuckle*

Quoting Babujai:

We call that "Church Kool-Aid"...LOL! For some reason church ladies who'll whip up a wicked good jug of kool-aid at home will either not add enough sugar or add too much water when they make it for a church function. Maybe that's just us Lutherans...

Also, how funny is it that my spell check wants to change "Kool-aid" to "killed"?!

Quoting Alyson121:

My cousin used to make kool-aide all the time, however he NEVER put ANY sugar in it at all.  You'd fill your glass and take a huge gulp and know IMMEDIETLY that he made it because it was so sour.  LOL

Alyson121
by Alyson on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Quoting Alyson121:

Just imagine if you took a huge gulp of that stuff. LOL.  

mypbandj
by Jen on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I have a co worker that lives on kool aid!

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Man...

I last bought Koolaid in 1987 or 1988... 

cleanaturalady
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Quoting Alyson121:

Just imagine if you took a huge gulp of that stuff. LOL.  

I'm imgaining. surprised

SAMandy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Ugh. I've been in this country 10 years and never had it...and never will. So full of chemicals! if my kids want something other than "just water", i have Propel sachets that are all natural that they can add on a hot day. No added color, no artificial flavor or sugar and some added electrolytes. They mostly drink water or iced tea that I make with Rooibos (redbush) tea - it is from my country, has tons of herbal healing properties, no caffeine and I add 3 teaspoons of sugar (raw, brown) to the 2 liter jug I make. Is homemade iced tea with some added sugar (which the body knows how to metabolize) not an option for your husband? Use a mix of interesting tea flavors and it may be ok as a substitute for Kool-Aid! Peach, mint, raspberry etc... good luck!
Babujai
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
I broke the kool-aid habit by making him homemade iced tea. I just used regular black tea and white sugar though. He's not big on other flavors of tea.

Quoting SAMandy:

Ugh. I've been in this country 10 years and never had it...and never will. So full of chemicals! if my kids want something other than "just water", i have Propel sachets that are all natural that they can add on a hot day. No added color, no artificial flavor or sugar and some added electrolytes. They mostly drink water or iced tea that I make with Rooibos (redbush) tea - it is from my country, has tons of herbal healing properties, no caffeine and I add 3 teaspoons of sugar (raw, brown) to the 2 liter jug I make. Is homemade iced tea with some added sugar (which the body knows how to metabolize) not an option for your husband? Use a mix of interesting tea flavors and it may be ok as a substitute for Kool-Aid! Peach, mint, raspberry etc... good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)