Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's going on this weekend ladies?  Share with us!

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
campingmomof4
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Sorry about your dog.  We had to do this to our old dog earlier this year.  It was the hardest thing dh and I ever had to do.   But it was the right decision.  I would do it again if I had to. 

Quoting mypbandj:

UPDATE:
My dog isn't doing any better. I think we will be putting her down tomorrow.

My son got his cast off - and when they found out he had a pen cap stuck in the cast (from scratching which he was told not to do) they freaked out and asked me WHY didn't I call them??!! Well nobody told me to. I didn't know. It's just a pen cap, right? Well apparent that's a HUGE no no and they said he might have to be rushed to the ER due to infection. So take me - already feeling crappy b/c my first dog ever is dying and I can't help her. And add on some mommy guilt. Then my son is crying and extremely anxious as they remove the cast. Luckily it was only a tiny injury - it was infected but not ER worthy. So they sent us home with a air cast and an antibiotic.

This weeked sucks so far. :(

Quoting mypbandj:

Well lets see...

my poor dog is so sick. She had surgery yesterday and the vet found her cancer inflitrated spleen and removed it. We are hoping that does the trick......she's been a mess lately. So she is coming home today and will be on cage rest and we will be figuring all that out this weekend. If the surgery doesn't work and she doesn't get better, I just want to put her down. This is too much.

my son goes to the childrens hospital today to get his foot looked out. I don't know if anyone remember how he broke it back before Memorial day but he's had a cast on it since. They tried taking it off at the end of June but decided he needed 3 more weeks in it. If it still isn't healed correctly, they are talking surgery.

and.....I have to work a little bit on Saturday too. Otherwise, I just want to stay home and do NOTHING! Dh has been working like crazy. In fact I really haven't seen him since Wednesday night!!

Krina
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We are doing four days of camping! Can't wait, it's been like ten years since DH and I have camped!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krina
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Wow you have a lot on you're plate! Sorry to hear about your dog, hugs to you and your family. Glad to hear your son didn't have to go to the er. My daughter did that too but with one of those take out chop sticks. It wasn't pretty. :0/

Quoting mypbandj:

UPDATE:

My son got his cast off - and when they found out he had a pen cap stuck in the cast (from scratching which he was told not to do) they freaked out and asked me WHY didn't I call them??!! Well nobody told me to. I didn't know. It's just a pen cap, right? Well apparent that's a HUGE no no and they said he might have to be rushed to the ER due to infection. So take me - already feeling crappy b/c my first dog ever is dying and I can't help her. And add on some mommy guilt. Then my son is crying and extremely anxious as they remove the cast. Luckily it was only a tiny injury - it was infected but not ER worthy. So they sent us home with a air cast and an antibiotic.

Quoting mypbandj:

Well lets see...

my poor dog is so sick. She had surgery yesterday and the vet found her cancer inflitrated spleen and removed it. We are hoping that does the trick......she's been a mess lately. So she is coming home today and will be on cage rest and we will be figuring all that out this weekend. If the surgery doesn't work and she doesn't get better, I just want to put her down. This is too much.

my son goes to the childrens hospital today to get his foot looked out. I don't know if anyone remember how he broke it back before Memorial day but he's had a cast on it since. They tried taking it off at the end of June but decided he needed 3 more weeks in it. If it still isn't healed correctly, they are talking surgery.

and.....I have to work a little bit on Saturday too. Otherwise, I just want to stay home and do NOTHING! Dh has been working like crazy. In fact I really haven't seen him since Wednesday night!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mp3mom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Have a great time!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We leave tomorrow for our vacation...10 days of time with family!  I can't wait!

mp3mom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Quoting mypbandj:

UPDATE:

Quoting mypbandj:

Well lets see...

I'm sorry, Jen. Hugs~

mp3mom
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I don't think much. My youngest is sick. My oldest is at an all day concert now. (Yes, she still has 2 books to read for school, as does my son.) My son's working. My hubby's (hopefully) picking up things from IKEA; we're having our bathroom re-done (long over-do as the tub has had an unfixable leak). We all know what I'll be doing... laundry ;) LOL!

cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I am so sorry it is hard to make the decision to put a pet down.  I am glad that your son's infection is only minor.  I hope the rest of your weekend goes better.

Quoting mypbandj:

UPDATE:

Quoting mypbandj:

Well lets see...

emtgirl885
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Where you going to camp? Have a fun time!

Quoting Krina:

We are doing four days of camping! Can't wait, it's been like ten years since DH and I have camped!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krina
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Tahoe!! Thank you we will!

Quoting emtgirl885:

Quoting Krina:

Check us out on etsy.com/shop/wowthatshot2 for handmade jewelry, wine stoppers, and hair accessories

emtgirl885
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Nice! Tahoe is so pretty!!

Quoting Krina:

Tahoe!! Thank you we will!

Quoting emtgirl885:

Quoting Krina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)