Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

dog allergies (please help)piog

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM
  • 15 Replies
OK so my boyfriend is allergic to dogs, I have a dog... he stays outside but he has been inside a few times. But when my bf stays over he wakes up with his eyes swollen and he is all congested. I washed all the sheets and bedding, I have a mattress protecter on my bed. I have vacuumed a million times, changed my filter in my furnace and when I walk the dog and feed him I come in throw my clothes in the washer and take a shower but it don't seem to help. Is there anything I can do to help keep him from being miserable while he is here?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Im not really sure. I am the same way with cats. I flare up just walking into someone house with cats, no matter how clean they are.

Have you tried searching pet sites online? You might be able to find answers there.

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Vacuuming is probably making it worse. Your bf won't react to what's in the carpet as much as what's pulled up out of it and blown into the air.

Has he tried allergy medicine?

sunshyne86
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM
My vacuum has a hepa filter on it so it don't pull it into the air, he does take allergy meds but it don't do much good. And he has athsma which makes it worse

Quoting LindaClement:

Vacuuming is probably making it worse. Your bf won't react to what's in the carpet as much as what's pulled up out of it and blown into the air.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM

The best filters blow out 2 million particles a minute.

Quoting sunshyne86:

My vacuum has a hepa filter on it so it don't pull it into the air, he does take allergy meds but it don't do much good. And he has athsma which makes it worse

Quoting LindaClement:

mp3mom
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM
sunshyne86
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Ty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 23, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I honestly don't know mama...that's a hard one!  Hugs!

fullxbusymom
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Yes send him to the doctor to get allergy shots!!  It will solve the problem.  Honestly there is no way to get the pet dander out of your home. 

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Admittedly I don't know much about filters... but I do know that any vacuum with a rotating brush in front puts a tons of stuff into the air that never makes it to the filter even.    It doesn't matter how good your filter is if all the stuff doesn't even make it into the vacuum cleaner.

Quoting LindaClement:

The best filters blow out 2 million particles a minute.

Quoting sunshyne86:

Quoting LindaClement:

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I am the same way!

Quoting Reina13:

Im not really sure. I am the same way with cats. I flare up just walking into someone house with cats, no matter how clean they are.

Have you tried searching pet sites online? You might be able to find answers there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)