Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Insanity - Month 2 - Week 4 - Day 2 (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

So today was another double workout - it's so humid and hot where I live at, that doing two workouts was so hard today! We're on a flash flood warning so I've really had my mind elsewhere today. I did do my workouts but was sweating like a crazy person when I was done, more so than normal.

MAJOR WEIGHT MILESTONE TODAY!!! I had a goal of hitting 145lbs by the time Insanity was over, I've got 4 days left of Insanity, and as of this morning I'm down to 144.2lbs!!!! The last few days I've been dropping in weight. I don't know why, but I'm not going to complain, LOL! I've noticed I'm not as bloated as I have been, and honestly, I'm not doing anything different so am not sure why the sudden drop in weight.

Doing my countdown to my vacation - leaving this weekend & can't wait. My first 5k is supposed to be this Friday, but I'll say, if the weather continues to be as awful as it has been yesterday & today, I won't be running in it. There's just no way! It's been between 80-85 degrees here at night with all this crappy humidity, and between 90-95 during the day with all this crappy humidity - I'm seriously OVER it! I moved to the desert and love that we dont typically have this kind of weather here - I mean, we get rain, but this is more like tropical storm or monsoon weather, and now that we're on flash flood warning, I'm really keeping an eye on the weather.

Anyway, my exciting day in a nutshell. OH, my hubby started Insanity yesterday afternoon!!!! He's upset that he didn't stick with it when I first started back in June and so now he said he's going to give it a try on his own schedule though, not like I've been doing by following the workout schedule, which is fine, as long as he works out, I don't really care. He's not super overweight, but he can easily stand to lose 40lbs. He lost 20lbs after he was in the hospital in 2010 for very high blood pressure, and he can stand to lose another minimum of 30 according to his dr so he can get completely off the blood pressure medication, but 40lbs would be ideal. So I did another workout last night, the Day 1 Month 1 workout, with him, so he'd be motivated to keep going, and he did, and it was great. He's very sore today but I told him to remember the first 3 days he did with me when I started Insanity - the idea was we were supposed to start together & he got through 3 days and quit - I kept on going...but I told him to just remember that he's GOING to be sore, but he's GOT to keep pushing through it. He said he's coming home tonight and doing it again, so hopefully he'll stick with it. I remember that first week, I was SO sore I didn't actually think I'd be able to keep getting up everyday and keep pounding my body, but you know, I think once you mentally make a decision to do something, you forget about what it takes to get there and you just plow through.  :)

Hope you all have a great workout day! Doing the Insanity countdown....4 more days left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

NOBODY EVER GOT AHEAD BY SITTING ON THEIR BEHIND!!

ONE HAPPILY MARRIED MOMMY!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

What was your weight when you started Insanity?  Just curious:)  Great job!

steffers96
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I started June 4th @ 154lbs. Today I weighed in @ 144.2, so down almost 10lbs. ;)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

What was your weight when you started Insanity?  Just curious:)  Great job!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I admire your committment!  How many inches have you lost?

steffers96
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM
20 inches so far. I'll do my final fit test, weigh in, and last measurements on Sunday. I'm sending my before & after pics in for my free shirt. ;)

Quoting e-doolittle:

I admire your committment!  How many inches have you lost?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome job!

mp3mom
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN