Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

7 Easy, Healthy Breakfasts to Start the Day Off Right! What's your favorite go-to quick, healthy, easy breakfast?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

7 Easy, Healthy Breakfasts to Start the Day Off Right

Posted by Maressa Brown

greek yogurt with fruit and granolaNow that we're nearing the close of August, we just can't kid ourselves any longer. Summer's about to come to a close, and parents must welcome back the crazy weekday, pre-school rush act. Those early AMs when it feels next to impossible to get a healthy meal on the table for ourselves and the kids in a quick, easy way.

But there's really no reason to dread the hunt for the perfectly fast and nutritious breakfast. Here, a few ideas to help you start your day off on the right bite ...

1. Oatmeal - Instant or not, throwing some old-fashioned oats in a bowl with equal parts water and popping it in the microwave is a perfect, filling antidote to a chilly fall morning.
  2. Frozen whole-grain waffles - Kids of all ages (including my fiance) dig these for a toasty and fast breakfast.
  3. Banana smeared with peanut (or almond) butter - This is my go-to when there's not a lot of time in the morning. Also tastes super-yummy on toast!
  4. Muffin tops - Frozen "muffin tops" like VitaTops, which you can warm up in the microwave or toaster, are a quick way to get a lot of fiber and protein in fast without spending lots of time baking.
  5. Make-ahead frittata - Consider baking up a few of these on a Sunday night, then freezing them. Then, you can heat one up quickly in the morning and poof! -- gourmet b-fast!
  6. Greek yogurt with fruit and/or high-fiber cereal - Instead of combining cereal with milk, try mixing it into high protein yogurt to keep blood sugar stable longer.
  7. Quickie morning quesadilla - Mix sharp cheddar with apple slices in a whole grain tortilla for a savory-sweet fix.

More from The Stir: 5 Ways to Get a Delicious Dinner on the Table in 30 Minutes or Less

What's your favorite go-to quick, healthy, easy breakfast?

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mp3mom
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM

The kids like granola bars, bananas, or yogurt.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 23, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I eat peanut butter toast and fresh fruit most mornings!

SabrinaLC
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I usually eat a grain of some sort with fruit and nuts

Saturday morning is pancake morning but that's still grains and I eat them with fruit and nuts

Beenhereforever
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RachelRoss
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:54 AM
bump

CrazedMomof2
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I usually eat a protien bar and fruit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mypbandj
by Jen on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I'm just not a breaskfast type of girl - I mean, I eat in the morning...I just don't like typical breakfast foods.

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Nice suggstions! If I am in a pinch I always have some hard boiled eggs around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:22 AM
We eat most of those
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Oatmeal sounds good!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)