Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

Fruit Smoothies

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM
  • 21 Replies

What do you put in your fruit smoothies?  Now, typically, I put frozen fruit in mine...I eat all the fresh fruit I buy and don't want to put it in smoothies:)  I usually add a banana but that's it...they taste okay...need some ideas to make them taste better!  

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda52007
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:02 AM
I also need some ideas. I'm so scared to make one but I think I need to start having them for breakfast. I hate eating in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I just prepped bags yesterday and threw them in the freezer. Strawberries, banana, and I froze Greek yogurt in trays and put 4/5 cubes in each bag. I'm hoping it tastes good!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I will also throw in some spinach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Greek yogurt!!! Great idea!!!

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

I just prepped bags yesterday and threw them in the freezer. Strawberries, banana, and I froze Greek yogurt in trays and put 4/5 cubes in each bag. I'm hoping it tastes good!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM
I bought plain do there is less calories :) I'm hoping they aren't too bitter.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Greek yogurt!!! Great idea!!!

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I always buy a little extra and use fresh. Frozen never has any taste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I had to add milk and a whole fresh banana this morning. Was realty good though!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I usually just have a smoothie after my workout, it's coconut water, hemp powder, banana and frozen strawberries

i'm not very adventurous, lol

PhoenixFlames
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I usually put dannon light and fit flavored yogurt,banana,strawberries,skim milk and ice throw it into the blender and top it with a tbs of ground cinammon.

Alyson121
by Alyson on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I typically mix veggies and fruit in my smoothies.  When i'm not adding veggies i'll add banana, orange juice, milk and some vanilla whey powder.  Other times i'll make banana, almond butter (or cashew or sunflower seed butter), milk (or almond milk or hemp milk) and chocolate whey powder.

During the summer i've typically threw in a bunch of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and bended away.  

Sometimes i've added yogurt.  Other times i'll add apple juice instead of orange or pomegranate juice.  It really just depends on what i have in my fridge.  I do only use fresh fruit though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN