Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

3 Months of "No processed sugar" and what my tummy looks like now (pics)

Posted by   + Show Post

I've put myself on an "unofficial" challenge and started the "no processed sugar" in June 2012.  Basically i wanted to see if i could eliminate processed sugar in the foods i bought (even if they were organic) and not buy any cane sugar as well (even though i only bought organic raw cane sugar).  What this meant is that any breads, cereals, pasta (before i made my own) sauces, condiments, etc didn't have any processed sugar in them either.  I DID use raw honey, palm sugar, to sweeten my tea or if i baked something.  I just was trying to eliminate the cane and processed sugar. 

So, the first week was a challenge because i REALLY wanted some yummy baked goods with lots of cane sugar.  I also wanted to "treat" myself to some baked goods from our local natural grocery store.  

I'd say by the end of the first 30 days, i didn't have the SUPER strong cravings.  I noticed that eating things like dates and fresh fruit helped with the sugar urges.  Also, the one time i did cave and buy a vegan cookie, i really didn't enjoy it.  Like my body didn't respond the same way it used to in the past. 

Anyway, i'd taken a "before" pic in June of my tummy and just took another pic today.  I REALLY can see a difference in how my tummy looks from not having the processed sugar in my diet.  And this is with me not exercising for hours and hours everyday.  I exercised about 30 minutes a day and some times and less than that on others.  Even more, i sometimes didn't exercise at all.  

Here are the BEFORE pics

Here are the after pics

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
CrazedMomof2
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Great job!

Alyson121
by Alyson on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Quoting StephB060811:

Way to go! You look great.

Thank you! 

Alyson121
by Alyson on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Quoting CrazedMomof2:

Great job!

Thanks!

e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

That's great!

meliscool72
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Amazing !

soontobemommie3
by Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Holy smokes! I wish I had your will power!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bertie4
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

You go girl!

megums
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Wow that's awesome! Congrats on the shrinking tummy! :) I gotta get on this...

freshmom88
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Big difference! Kudos to u for having that will power!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)