Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get back on track?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

Love love love to exercise and eat healthy. I would eat a very strict diet every day and always would workout and actually felt I was in the best shape of my life. 

I'm 6 months pregnant with my third baby and I'm very unhealthy.. Any suggestions to getting back on track? I can't seem to get back on track with eating healthy foods.. They just don't taste good which is strange.. Should I force myself to change my diet back the way it was and fight off these ridiculous cravings or should I ease back into a healthy diet?

Thanks a bunch ladies

wave

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
e-doolittle
by Kelly on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Try to eat as healthy as possible and treat yourself to your cravings in moderation.

Congrats on your PG!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyedBabe08
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband says always start on a Monday! Weirdly it gives a good mindset and makes you want to start fresh for the new week

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Yes, just do it. 

When you find yourself craving things, try to figure out what it might be: pure calories (meaning you need to eat a LOT more food), or some nutrient that your body knows is in that food (like iron in chocolate, vitamin C in potato chips) and find what else has that nutrient in a high concentration.

I'd bet on 'you're simply not eating enough calories to do all of what your body needs to do.'

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:03 AM

I agree with Linda here.  Just focus on small changes and get back to eating healthy mama.  Congrats and good luck!

Quoting LindaClement:

Yes, just do it. 

When you find yourself craving things, try to figure out what it might be: pure calories (meaning you need to eat a LOT more food), or some nutrient that your body knows is in that food (like iron in chocolate, vitamin C in potato chips) and find what else has that nutrient in a high concentration.

I'd bet on 'you're simply not eating enough calories to do all of what your body needs to do.'

reneawesley
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Small changes. Congrats and god luck!
cmorris1200
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I agree about small changes.  If you want something sweet make sure there is fruit around.  If you want something salty get some sourkraut or pickles.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Hormones do crazy things to everything... including taste.  

cleanaturalady
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I would call no foods good or bad, eat what you are hungry for, but consider portion control and exercise as much as possible. 

blondeb
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LindaClement:

Yes, just do it. 

Great advice

Alyson121
by Alyson on Sep. 13, 2012 at 6:24 PM

What are some of the things you're craving?  Maybe you can do a "swap"  I used to LOVE peanut M&M's but knew i couldn't eat those when i was pregnant.  So i started buying the Sun Spire brand in the bulk section at Whole Foods.  When i wanted a burger and fries, instead of rolling thru the drive thru at Carl's Jr. i'd go to some place like a local cafe or steak house and buy one from there, it's more expensive but worth it.  

I LOVED eating super sweet cereal when pregnant but instead of buy some Fruit Loops or something, i'd buy a healtheir version at my local natural grocer.  I also kept a ton of quick fruits on hand like grapes and cherries (when they were in season) and would literally eat a whole bag - it helped allot.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)