Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (371-380):
LizMomTo4Girls
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Put veggies on a stick and offer a few dips. Always works here!

TIPTONTNSAHM
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Giving my kids one option of veggie or another veggie option. No junk food unless we are watching a movie we have popcorn and ice cream. We love green giant products! We just wish we had more coupons available here. Kids really love the new microwave mixed veggies. My son loves putting veggies in his breakfast wrap. My kids love all veggies except mushrooms. Please don't put mushrooms in with your mixed veggie meals. They don't like it. We wish you would have more veggie only meals.

LyTe684
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM
My DD is One. She'll eat almost anything right now.

DS is pretty good about trying anything once. He loves then streamed, sauteed and raw. Spinach dip or ranch dip/dressing is a bonus. I, even managed to get my DH to eat them. Rabbit food as he used to call them.. He eats them now. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zannahdeux
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I hide them, in pasta sauce. Your can chop then into little prices and kids never know, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, eggplant, carrots and celery all blend in well to sauce
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I always give my kids veggies to chose from so they feel like they are in control. I also give them dips to use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoxyJI
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Lead by example.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I am going to make caprese pizza with fresh tomatoes
matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Blending extra veggies into tomato sauce.

matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Using 100% canned pumpkin as a subsitute in baking treats like brownies.

matreshka
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Omelettes with cheese and diced veggies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN