Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (381-390):
kjb949
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
By making them more available at meal and snack times.
inmybizz
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
prepare more veggie during meal times
lillucky8
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I puree them and sneak them into other foods like pasta sauce, chili, etc. I made my daughters baby food and i put the extra into foods i cook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM
I make extra and add to soups or rice with dinner
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinstartermom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Stir fry, Make my own spagehtti sauce, quiche, Cheese 'em, make my own dip with veggies, smoothies, juice 'em, soy milk instead of reg., and lots more.

hurricane37
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Well, I make celery soup and mix rice in it. They love it. They also love pasta...and they dont know that they are eating broccoli in it. :) They won't eat them alone, but they eat them made into soups or something with pasta. They like some veggies alone too. It is just according to how they are fixed.

SareyF
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I put veggies in sauces, soups, casseroles, baked goods, smoothies, sandwiches...pretty much everything! I also try to offer them in attractive and silly ways, like a vegetable Brobee (Yo Gabba Gabba) for my two year old. I offer different dipping sauces for fresh, raw veggies. And my girls love lemon pepper on the cooked veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trini
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM
By making fresh raw veggie trays and adding veggies into baked goods.
Sweet_Holly
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Adding cheese (good for calcium) dressings, sauces, spices... anything that will entice them to eat em all up :) 

❀Johanna Love ❤ Proud Jewish Mum to Amiya, Haifa & Caleb! ❤ Proud Wife to My BFF, Soulmate & Lover Dan!❀

ADD ME on FB ☞ http://www.facebook.com/Hanna.Love82 ☜

twitchandsnore
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

We tell our kids that they're giants and the broccoli are trees and giants eat trees. Cauliflower are clouds, carrotts are branches, peas....we still struggle with peas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN