Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (391-400):
nanaylola
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM
By putting grated vegetables in my meatloaf, cakes. Also by substituting spaghetti squash for pasta & serving with sauces that have pureed veggies in them.
rainbochic85
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I will put them in food and not seperate
tina454542
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I grind them up and put into other recipes.  They never know the difference.

bergencounty
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I serve them. They know mom takes the time and effort to make all the food she serves delicious.

kitty8199
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:48 PM
My dd loves veggies. I started her from day 1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

My kids have no issue eating veggies now, but in the begining it was difficult. SO we had (Green, purree green beans) Green mack and cheese! They love it still. In chillie I use V-8 which fills it full of veggies! All broth is v-8 or store equalivant. Meatloaf, has smashed veggis. Cabbage chopped up small, them simmered in soups it actually breaks apart and thickens the soup some, they never notice, the same with celery, onions, and many more vegies!

I"m a creative cook when it comes to hiding vegies for the kids to eat! One of our favorites is green squash in our brownies!

Drea79
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:49 PM

My son will only eat veggie's if they're the Steamers from green giant so i stock up on those, also i buy these flavored supplement drink's off of my friend that tast like kool aid but w/ out the sugar and crap that's in them. They help alot and give him the nutrients he need's...

zanddsmom065
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM
My kids LOVE salad and so I am going to be sure they take salad in their lunches. And add extra veggies to it!
MunchiesMom324
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Besides the fact that they LOVE raw veggies and some cooked (peas, green beans, etc), sometimes I'll sneak extra into the entree... like tonight, we had mexican lasagne - with julienned squash and zucchini.  Couldn't see it, couldn't taste it - and they LOVED it!

sweetmommy811
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I'm going to look up new recipes on allrecipes.com for some dinner ideas. One trick that I do is shred carrots in almost every dish that I make. Also when we run out of pickles, I put raw baby carrots in the pickle jar and let them soak. My kids will gobble them up! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN