Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (401-410):
sweetmommy811
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I'm going to look up new recipes on allrecipes.com for some dinner ideas. One trick that I do is shred carrots in almost every dish that I make. Also when we run out of pickles, I put raw baby carrots in the pickle jar and let them soak. My kids will gobble them up! lol
sweetmommy811
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:58 PM
I'm going to look up new recipes on allrecipes.com for some dinner ideas. One trick that I do is shred carrots in almost every dish that I make. Also when we run out of pickles, I put raw baby carrots in the pickle jar and let them soak. My kids will gobble them up! lol
sweetmommy811
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM
sweetmommy811
sweetmommy811
sweetmommy811
missliberiangir
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

My kids are 19, 12, & 8 and they love dipping their foods. If they can dip it, they will eat it so I cut up veggies and let them choose their salad dressing of choice and put the dressing in a small serving cup.

ashbrydio
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:38 AM
I smash peas in my sons rice he loves it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bretsnag
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Each of my kids likes at least one kind of veggie.  My son likes carrots, my older daughter likes corn and (idk how it happened but I'm glad it did) my youngest likes peas.  She ate 5 servings of peas with her lunch the other day.  Hey, I wasn't going to stop her!  LOL.  I'm big on veggies myself and love a lot of different ones, cooked or raw so maybe me setting the example helps my kids to like them as well.

Angelknot8
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I dice things up and hide it in other foods when I can. Like lastnights meatloaf had tiny veggies diced in and not one of my kids even realized it :o) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN