Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Healthy Moms Healthy Moms

How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

Posted by   + Show Post
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
ibelieve316
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 2:37 PM
No problem! We always ate vegetables from the garden. The gardens became an item of interest to other generations who also have vegetable gardens. Not to mention the flowers, grapes and watermelon .
kathy1213
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I  Don't really need to get my son to eat more veggies.  He really enjoys them.  

4kidz916
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM
I plan on adding extra veggies to things like spaghetti sauce, soups, etc.
shivasgirl
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

we are vegetarian, if they dont eat veggies, they starve

LindaClement
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

We ate and enjoyed them.

We had them at every meal.

We never, ever talked about it. We talked about other things at the table. Not who was eating what. Sometimes, we'd remark about how much a particular dish was wonderful today... but nothing else.

We never, ever talked about what (or how much) the kids were eating of anything.

We offered veggies cooked, raw, chopped, whole, braised, roasted, bbq'd, boiled, steamed, nuked and grated. We expected kids to pick over their plates, eating what they felt like eating.

Both of our daughters have a huge range of foods they love, and both of them are exploratory eaters... they're try nearly anything.

johnsmama98
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Try to serve more vegetables at mealtime. My son loves nearly every kind of vegetable.
SleuthMaria
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 5:41 AM

I'm lucky, I was blessed with 3 kids who love vegetables! I'm thinking that maybe the secret to getting kids to like vegetables is to simply enjoy them yourself. I think when kids see their parents enjoying veggies, esp when it starts at a young age, they'll be more likely to want to try them themselves & will be more open to liking them. I also think it's easier to get kids liking veggies if you can do it before they're old enough to get the message from society that "kids aren't meant to like them." I also give my kids jobs to help in the kitchen with preparing meals (things like washing produce, choosing which veggies we include in dinner that night, etc). I think that when kids help prepare a meal it gives them a sense of "ownership" in the finished product &  they're more likely to want to eat it.

rleer4
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM
I serve vegetables as the main dish so they are used to vegetables being the main part of the meal and not just a optional side dish.
rleer4
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Serve them ate very meal
meglennox
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM
i make the pledge! i am going to serve more veggies to my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN